~2012 Passat CCs

Soldato
Hi all, I've been looking at cars a lot lately and the CC fits my requirements and seems good value at the lower end. Is a 2L Diesel DSG one going to be a good idea at 100k+ miles? Obviously service history is important but if it's been looked after am I unlikely to see any pitfalls with this engine and gearbox? I'm going to be doing about 13k a year and want something comfortable. I've been looking at old Lexus' but don't think I can stomach 20-25mpg, currently get 40 with my Toyota.

Associate
I currently own a 1st gen CC, can’t complain about it. It’s does a what it says on the tin. My only complaint it’s a little dull. What Lexus you been considering, Iv owned a couple of them in the past as well.

Soldato
OP
Oh allsorts, LS400 - not many available in the country, doubling fuel costs not a great idea. LS430 - Too much to go wrong. GS450h - seems like too much money for a decent later one, goes into new shape IS300 money. RX450h - Good MPG compromise but don't really like the looks. The 2015 Skoda Superb is the most sensible buy for me but the front end looks just really let it down, shame as nobody has anything bad to say about it.

Associate
Oh allsorts, LS400 - not many available in the country, doubling fuel costs not a great idea. LS430 - Too much to go wrong. GS450h - seems like too much money for a decent later one, goes into new shape IS300 money. RX450h - Good MPG compromise but don't really like the looks. The 2015 Skoda Superb is the most sensible buy for me but the front end looks just really let it down, shame as nobody has anything bad to say about it.

One good thing about any Lexus, they are very reliable never had any issues with them and they are always at the top of most reliability tables. They do like to drink the fuel though.

Back
Top Bottom