2013 Haswell Retina MacBook Pro...

Soldato
It's being delivered Tuesday. Really looking forward to getting it tbh. I have also read you can also install windows as well which is a bonus. Having dual boot OSX and Win 8.1 makes it perfect for my needs.

Soldato
Picked up my new Macbook Pro today, went for the 15" rMBP with the 2GB Nvidia Graphics and 512GB SSD.

What a machine, love it so far. It's my first step into using OSX so I've got a bit of learning to do but I love how everything seems so effortless to do on there. The retina screen itself is one of the best displays I've seen on a PC/Laptop, breath taking!

QQ: have they removed the battery charge led strip on these models? If I recall the older models allowed you to check on the laptop itself how much was charged.

Soldato
Picked up my new Macbook Pro today, went for the 15" rMBP with the 2GB Nvidia Graphics and 512GB SSD.

What a machine, love it so far. It's my first step into using OSX so I've got a bit of learning to do but I love how everything seems so effortless to do on there. The retina screen itself is one of the best displays I've seen on a PC/Laptop, breath taking!

QQ: have they removed the battery charge led strip on these models? If I recall the older models allowed you to check on the laptop itself how much was charged.

Yeah thats gone, along with the HDD led given that it is SSD now and any other lights. I think its all part of making the machine look sleeker/cleaner.

Soldato
I now have it dual booting perfectly with Win 8.1.

I'm no Mac fan but I think I'm becoming one it is a superb piece of kit.

Still no idea how to use OSX though....:)

Same though I've put win7 on mine, OSX is still a bit weird for me but I'm slowly learning how to get to grips with it, it's really awesome.

I'm going to keep the windows partition mainly for steam and those few anomaly moments where I can't use OSX.

I'm contemplating whether to just sell my desktop rig now since I think I won't be using it that much anymore. A NAS drive for all my storage needs to be covered by those funds perhaps? :D

Soldato
Same though I've put win7 on mine, OSX is still a bit weird for me but I'm slowly learning how to get to grips with it, it's really awesome.

I'm going to keep the windows partition mainly for steam and those few anomaly moments where I can't use OSX.

I'm contemplating whether to just sell my desktop rig now since I think I won't be using it that much anymore. A NAS drive for all my storage needs to be covered by those funds perhaps? :D

I have a 512GB SSD which has been split 50/50 between WIN & OSX. I also have a 2TB time machine thing I'm yet to unbox.

I'm really liking OSX but like having Windows as well on one machine.

Soldato
I have a 512GB SSD which has been split 50/50 between WIN & OSX. I also have a 2TB time machine thing I'm yet to unbox.

I'm really liking OSX but like having Windows as well on one machine.

Yeah I've got the same model as you mate, it's a beauty isn't it?

I gave my windows partition 185GB lol

Let me know your thoughts on the capsule, I'm thinking of getting one too.

Soldato
Yeah I've got the same model as you mate, it's a beauty isn't it?

I gave my windows partition 185GB lol

Let me know your thoughts on the capsule, I'm thinking of getting one too.

It's very nice so far only issue for me is the keyboard back lighting seems to turn off under Windows ? I'm sure it's a setting somewhere I have not found.

Will update once I give it a try later.

I'm surprised how well the GT 750M plays Civ V and Starcraft. Works very well.

It does get very hot especially when gaming and the fan ramps up quite a bit. It seems a lot quieter when running OSX over Windows.

Lots to learn.

Back
Top Bottom