2017 Woodbridge 1 Mile Racing NOW ON BOOK QUICKLY!!

Soldato
On the results page someone in a 350 z has done 145mph but who knows what mods the cars have had done.

I am hoping for at least 140mph as I have done 120mph and the car felt like it had no where near given up.

The terminal speed of my car in a quarter mile is 97mph so that leaves almost another mile to reach 140mph.

Remember you have to slow down at 1.35 miles and turn back at 1.5 miles.

is yours a facelift? I wonder as my coupe should be able to pull off 140mph for sure at 1.35m but we'll see! going to be interesting! now traction fully off or half way off, in theory DTC on should be a better launch than fully off as I bet that'd result in a lot of wheelspin.

Associate
is yours a facelift? I wonder as my coupe should be able to pull off 140mph for sure at 1.35m but we'll see! going to be interesting! now traction fully off or half way off, in theory DTC on should be a better launch than fully off as I bet that'd result in a lot of wheelspin.

Compared to yours my car has everything going against it but still think 140 is possible. My car is prefacelift and an auto. The 23rd July is also my push now to get the Vanos seals changed as I think the extra torque might be needed.
I will have the traction fully off as it rarely launches with any wheel spin and the nanny aids over compensate and turn the power off too much.

Soldato
Grudas - Hopefully ;)

I wonder if there's one for a car with 5 people in it :D

challenge.jpg

Caporegime
will acme crack 100 tho? ;)

I find that insulting. :p

I am struggling with the calculations but it tops out at 135MPH indicated and I can hit that on a 1 mile stretch with a slight downhill gradient. So I dunno... Does 120MPH on the flat with an extra half a mile sound unreasonable?

The real question is, will I make it home again? The last time I decided to hoof it as fast as I could it left a massive puddle of oil on the driveway and I haven't seen it for 2 weeks. :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Spoke to a few guys who have run in this event before and some of the info on that map sent to us is rubbish :D

The "2.2 miles" is actually 1.7 miles (confirmed on Google Maps) so there's 550m (0.35 miles) from the speed trap to stop in. So it's basically an emergency stop from 170-220mph to stop in time so for the love of god make sure your brakes are 100%!

The measurement point is definitely 1.35 miles NOT 1.5 miles.

There's on average 50+ cars (60 maximum) so you get 2-3 runs in the morning and usually more after lunch (when less cars take part) but only if there's no incidents (leaks need cleaning up etc).

Soldato
:o this makes me a bit nervous lol!!!! By that point im hoping ill be at ~180mph which is 80 meters per second.... meaning 6.8 seconds to stop :D

Well you'd actually have something closer to double that time if it takes you 550m to stop.

Just don't forget to brake!

Caporegime
I'm not sure I want to pile the brakes on from north of 100MPH in the Bimmer tbh... :p

Also I don't seem to be in the second list?

And do I need to book myself? When? How? :p

Soldato
my discs are a bit worn but I think I'll be fine tbf! I've seen a few videos of it and a lot do enter the corner after the run way past 30mph..

what second list?

Caporegime
"I am really up for this, money is not an issue, but I have a social life and need a date before I can commit at which point I can put it in my diary and make sure work, family, the ball and chain know I will not be available that weekend!" :p

Soldato
"I am really up for this, money is not an issue, but I have a social life and need a date before I can commit at which point I can put it in my diary and make sure work, family, the ball and chain know I will not be available that weekend!" :p

you're mixing up the OP with the actual events that is happening.. the list I made is the actual list of people going :) the OP is talking about something else.

@Gibbo can you update the first post please?

Back
Top Bottom