2018/19 Manager Merry-Go-Round

Man of Honour
The chairman announcing that he backs you really is the kiss of death for managers!

Apparently there was less than an hour between Jokanovic being sacked and the announcement of Ranieri.

Happy to see Claudio back in the PL :)

Soldato
Surprised and not surprised. He wasn't getting anywhere but he was getting a lot of nearly results and our board historically are far too nice and don't sack people early enough.

It's becoming increasingly clear that since Koeman left the rot started deeper than Puel. Rumour has it Ralph Hasenhuttel will be taking over but if the problem is actually with the Directorship, then he'll be on a hiding to nothing.

Man of Honour
I actually thought Adkins was sacked too early, as I thought 15th place was decent for a team that had been through two successive promotions, but in the end I was proven wrong/

Soldato
Hasenhuttel now confirmed and announced, hopefully more of a Pochettino type appointment than Puel or Pellegrino.

Don
OP
Yea, it does sound like that was the case. He done an incredible job to get Huddersfield into the PL and with him confirming to them that he would be leaving at the end of the season, at the latest, then it makes sense for them to roll the dice and try to pull off a miracle and survive.

Don
OP
Tbf, Wagner kept them up with this squad. It's unlikely though but if he was leaving anyway then there was nothing to lose by rolling the dice now.

Caporegime
Decent manager imo, sad to see it end like this. No one else is keeping that team up imo, apart from maybe saviour Sam, but there’s a few rumours going about that Pardew is the front runner.

Allardyce, Pards and Hughes. It’s like a managerial floater pool.

Soldato
Allardyce, Pards and Hughes. It’s like a managerial floater pool.

not sure Allardyce deserves to be in the poor company of pards and hughes, fans go on about his style of play but he kept them in the prem when their playing like idiots, hes not going to change much the season after cos hes still stiuck with all the muppets that got them into a relegation fight last season.

when mentioning the way he plays a lot seem to use the old "eddie howe plays decent footy at bournemouth", but he's been with them for years (over seperate periods i know), but that's the style that got them into the prem so not really changed and he's been allowed to develop the players/team.

Back
Top Bottom