2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers and International Friendlies ** Spoilers ** [22nd - 28th March 2017]

Caporegime
So I am bothering with the friendly...

Few questionable starters but given it's a friendly why not? We're well on top at the moment, should be at least 1, arguably 2 up with the chances we've had. Germany **** poor so far.

Soldato
Great goal from Podolski. Wrong subs i feel, rashford is a future England player for sure but based on form lately he shouldn't be near the squad. I would have given Defoe a chance, especially after what he's been doing in a poor Sunderland team.

Soldato
So I am bothering with the friendly...

Few questionable starters but given it's a friendly why not? We're well on top at the moment, should be at least 1, arguably 2 up with the chances we've had. Germany **** poor so far.
That's what the commentator said and I agreed with my friend that a team that can't score against a poor playing team is infact playing poorer.

Caporegime
That's what the commentator said and I agreed with my friend that a team that can't score against a poor playing team is infact playing poorer.

We weren't playing poorer at the time, just let down by poor finishing. We were well on top.

Obviously chances don't win games, goals do. Cracking finish but pussy defending from Cahill who seemed more interested in getting out of the way.

Soldato
Lol not as bad as it looks, in fact I'd go as far to say it's positive early signs with Southgate I.e team selections bringing in new players and benching the likes of Rooney.

And yeah Cahill has never convinced me as a defender.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Caught the highlights and we probably had the better chances. Could be the start of actually picking an England team on merit as well which would be nice.

Soldato
lol England still lose to an experimental German team. Southgate will be no different from every other FA manager lackey. You'll have a decent qualification and then get smashed in the real thing because England are just an average team, full of average players who just think they are better than they are.

Associate
To be fair, England's team was also somewhat 'experimental' - 3 at the back with Keane and Livermore starting. I only saw the first half, but it was more entertaining than most England games recently - happy to see what Southgate can do.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Whats more depressing than the england team of recent years is the fans to be honest. Its like its cool to complain about them rather than support them. We beat a small team and we should, we get beaten by a better team and its because we are crap. We beat a better team and we are lucky or they weren't performing. Its just sad.

Associate
We totally dominated for probably 80 odd minutes, Kroos was barely noticeable, the one thing that Germany had that we didn't is that they found a way to win, even when being outplayed. Cahill should have stood up instead of ducking like a coward. What impressed me was the shape and fluidity, 3 at the back suits us with the attacking wing backs we have and enables us to have two "number 10's" who can drift into the gaps out wide or tuck in to flood midfield when needed. With a fully fit squad it should be interesting (although been saying that for over a decade lol)

Soldato
We totally dominated for probably 80 odd minutes, Kroos was barely noticeable, the one thing that Germany had that we didn't is that they found a way to win, even when being outplayed. Cahill should have stood up instead of ducking like a coward. What impressed me was the shape and fluidity, 3 at the back suits us with the attacking wing backs we have and enables us to have two "number 10's" who can drift into the gaps out wide or tuck in to flood midfield when needed. With a fully fit squad it should be interesting (although been saying that for over a decade lol)

Let's hope you're right this time lol

I don't get people that say we're average, it's still a young team and could be pretty strong with the likes of Alli, Kane, Lallana, Sterling etc at full pelt. If anything all the European managers in premier league should be a good thing for the national squad, as they're being pushed to their potential and above.

Back
Top Bottom