2020 biking plans and ambitions

Soldato
Sell my 07 plate Fazer 600 S2, pay off my debts, finally rebuild the NSR250 I bought in 2005 :p....hopefully get a BMW 1200GS and see some of Europe. Oh and find a new GF to share said adventures with ;)

Maybe do Mugello this year before Vale retires...

Soldato
I'd like to see a meet sorted for us lot. It's been a few years since the last one.

Apart from that I'm prob going to go out on some rides but I have my 2nd little one due on 20th July so might throw a spanner in the works.

Soldato
Actually did about 70 miles today!

That'll be that till April now probably.....

I am going to make more of an effort this year, I used to use my bike for commuting, so did a fair fe wmiles, since a year ago, I work from home and it wasnt a habbit of mine to just get on it for fun, other than a few occasions id go to.

I think this year I need to get in to the mindset my bike is there for leisure and to use it just for that purpose now and then.

Soldato
Actually did about 70 miles today!

That'll be that till April now probably.....

I am going to make more of an effort this year, I used to use my bike for commuting, so did a fair fe wmiles, since a year ago, I work from home and it wasnt a habbit of mine to just get on it for fun, other than a few occasions id go to.

I think this year I need to get in to the mindset my bike is there for leisure and to use it just for that purpose now and then.
I was out on my bike every single day last year, I couldn’t get enough of it!

Soldato
To start riding again. Where I was living had a few bikes stolen so I decided to move my bike to my mothers which meant I probably only rid it about 2 or 3 times last year. Gutted.

New house is a) in a nicer area and b) has an accessible rear garden so I'll be riding it again and I can't wait. I'll be getting the bike a nice service as an apology to it.

Soldato
To start riding again. Where I was living had a few bikes stolen so I decided to move my bike to my mothers which meant I probably only rid it about 2 or 3 times last year. Gutted.

New house is a) in a nicer area and b) has an accessible rear garden so I'll be riding it again and I can't wait. I'll be getting the bike a nice service as an apology to it.
What you got now? Was it an R6?

Soldato
What you got now? Was it an R6?

Yeah still the R6. No plans to change for a while unless I randomly come into some money. It just wasn't worth having it where I am currently as there was no off street parking and the chances of it getting stolen were far higher than I was comfortable taking.

Really excited to take it out again both for work and pleasure.

Soldato
OP
Just finished planning our Euro trip and booking all the accommodation possible. After some negotiation with wives it has expanded to 11 days ( :D ) and 4,200 km plus whatever we do on some rest days. We're going to try and do a couple of days of wild camping somewhere high in the Alps, and have managed to find a cheap yurt to stay in right at the base of Susten Pass in Switzerland. Roll on summer!

Man of Honour
Just finished planning our Euro trip and booking all the accommodation possible. After some negotiation with wives it has expanded to 11 days ( :D ) and 4,200 km plus whatever we do on some rest days. We're going to try and do a couple of days of wild camping somewhere high in the Alps, and have managed to find a cheap yurt to stay in right at the base of Susten Pass in Switzerland. Roll on summer!

Let me know if you want company through Furka/Susten/Grimsel.

Soldato
OP
Organised and booked up a little long weekend up to the Lake District towards the end of April. That's three trips away now - I think my wife has patience for just about one more :)

Conscious that I'm quoting myself, but this post did not age well. It seems highly improbably that it'll be possible, so I've just cancelled the accommodation. We can always camp if by some miracle the travel restrictions are lifted.

Now looking very nervously at the end of July...

Soldato
OP
We spent the last month swearing blind that we were going to do the NC500 and, having a very narrow window, were gambling that Scotland would be opened up before our departure date of 18 July. It was, so... we've just rebooked and are going to Switzerland :) Camping on Susten Pass. Let's try and salvage something out of this year.

Back
Top Bottom