• Watford – Xisco Munez

Votes: 8 9.0%
  • West Ham United – David Moyes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wolverhampton Wanderers – Bruno Lage

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters
Don
Thank god for that. Great news Lamps not joining, still not convinced he was actually offered the position

It did sound odd, Norwich, although struggling do stick to a philosophy, they play football but unfortunately this league doesn't often allow that, hence why the lower league teams have to go for the Burnley tactics to survive. With that in mind I would have thought they'd go for a tactician rather than a big name, Lampard would have not been the answer. Who was Farke's assistant? It's going to be a foreign coach presumably.

Associate
A large majority are rattled, understandable as he had them playing some decent stuff and comfortably ahead of the enemy. Listening to a few on talksport, they believe Rangers are a bigger club than Villa so can't they can't rationalise why he would leave for them.

I can speak as a Celtic fan. I’m gutted he’s away. He was a week or two away from getting sacked until COVID finished the season and saved his job. If Celtic hadn’t appointed a completely useless bum as a manager he’d have won 0 out of 9 trophies instead on 1.

He spent around £50 million pounds for that one trophy. To put it into perspective St Johnstone won 2 trophies in that time. The money train has dried up at Rangers and after a good start to the season, they were being caught rapidly by Celtic, who still aren’t great.

I think he ran away to keep his dream of managing Liverpool alive, as he would have been beat again this season and that would have ended it. I’m sorry Villa fans but I wouldn’t expect much at all.

Last edited:
Don
I can speak as a Celtic fan. I’m gutted he’s away. He was a week or two away from getting sacked until COVID finished the season and saved his job. If Celtic hadn’t appointed a completely useless bum as a manager he’d have won 0 out of 9 trophies instead on 1.

He spent around £50 million pounds for that one trophy. To put it into perspective St Johnstone won 2 trophies in that time. The money train has dried up at Rangers and after a good start to the season, they were being caught rapidly by Celtic, who still aren’t great.

I think he ran away to keep his dream of managing Liverpool alive, as he would have been beat again this season and that would have ended it. I’m sorry Villa fans but I wouldn’t expect much at all.

I'm glad you mentioned you were a Celtic fan as I'd have never guessed :p

Commissario
Well 5 defeats in 6 games and no win in over 2 months. Surely Rafa needs to start looking over his shoulder.

Personally I don't think he should be sacked, as who else would take the job.

While he has to take some responsibility for team choice and tactics, Everton's squad is full of below par Championship players with the exception of a few.

Caporegime
Well 5 defeats in 6 games and no win in over 2 months. Surely Rafa needs to start looking over his shoulder.

Personally I don't think he should be sacked, as who else would take the job.

While he has to take some responsibility for team choice and tactics, Everton's squad is full of below par Championship players with the exception of a few.
Most of his decent players are injured. He badly needs Richarlison and DCL back. If I were Rafa I'd be looking at a couple of loanees from MLS or other PL teams in January.

Soldato
I think Rafa could be in trouble but considering how little he was able to spend plus making do with what he has got, it would be harsh to remove him.
The radio (5 Live) said Everton got rid of the sporting director instead as he was the one who did all the spending. Whether that is enough for the axe wielders remains to be seen.

Back
Top Bottom