• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

2060 to a 2069 Suoet. Worth it or not?

Permabanned
I've also considered switching to a 5700XT but from what I've watched and read about noise, temps and driver issues I don't think the red team is for me. My card is cool and virtually silent at all times so I wouldn't want to lose that.

5700 XT Reference cards are hot & loud but aftermarket cards are a different matter as are the drivers, With the RDNA Architecture being new there's bound to be a few bugs that need fixing but AMD drivers are no worse that Nvidia's & in my opinion they're the better ones overall, hence why Nvidia are the ones playing catch-up in the features category.

There's nothing wrong with a 2060 but if you do want an upgrade the only ones worth considering are the 2070, 2070S & 5700 XT, moving from a 2060 to a 2060S is a waste of time & money.

Associate
I have been keeping an eye on the Nvidia site for availability of the 2070 Super FE and madly today it's showing in stock. That's going for £489. Worth it you think or do I really need to look at after market cooling?

The new model FE cards are very good and can be compared to AiB models. Cool & quiet. If that is within budget I'd go for it.

Associate
OP
Well just to update this thread, I decided to go with the 2070 Super, Nvidia edition. I had set my mind on the 5700XT Powercolor Red Devil, even pre-ordered one, but after reading a lot of comments regarding a multiple of problems with the drivers, then several threads discussing dreadful EU Powercolor RMA support and on top of that their website has been completely offline for a few days I decided to stick with what I know, team green. I have previous experience with Nvidia RMA and it was painless and although their drivers still have some issues, I have never experienced anything game breaking.

Thanks all for your comments and advice.

Back
Top Bottom