• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

2080 FTW3 is just a massive card. Did not fit my mid tower.

Associate
So I decided to upgrade from 1080ti and bought EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming. When I opened the packaging I was quite shocked when I saw the size of it.. So I tried to fit that in my PC, it went in with a struggle on both sides, however I could not fit power cables into it as they had no place to move (missed around 2-3cm)

This is me holding the card https://imgur.com/a/nFYu8ii And this is how it looked in the case lol

https://imgur.com/a/SsqdIM5 - from this angle you will think that cables will go in, but they wont :(

I assume I need Full tower case as this NXZT H440 is too small for it, however I have no intention in buying a new case only to fit a card as case is basically like new.

Now question is, what will fit my case?

Soldato
Ah that's tough. Either return the card for another or slap a AIO cooler on it which will negate the need for the huge heatsink. I take it that it's the width that's the issue? As in you can't put your PSU cables in do to his wide the card is in relation to the width of your case? Any way of side mounting it? Although that's anothe rcost for side mounting setup.

EVGA power adapter any good? It'll give you the option to put the power cables in at the rear of the card and not the side?

Associate
OP
Ah that's tough. Either return the card for another or slap a AIO cooler on it which will negate the need for the huge heatsink. I take it that it's the width that's the issue? As in you can't put your PSU cables in do to his wide the card is in relation to the width of your case? Any way of side mounting it? Although that's anothe rcost for side mounting setup.

EVGA power adapter any good? It'll give you the option to put the power cables in at the rear of the card and not the side?

Yes width was the issue, I could not put the power cables in, I've already removed both disk enclosures to fit this in, but those power cables just wont fit in.. I'm sending this back unfortunately, will try a dual slot card and with two fans not three. Who could have thought that these cards are so massive..

Associate
OP
I will order these for the future. I am now looking into XC version by EVGA, that should fit my case according to measurements. Honestly, I only needed like 1-2cm to fit that lol.. Sadly just posted it back.

bru

bru

Soldato
Im confused as to what the actual issue is here. Is there not enough room between the card and the side panel for the cables?
Yes correct. Sorry English is not my first Language.

Surely if the problem is the side panel wont go on due to the cables, then a shorter card isn't going to help as it will just move the cable issue closer to the back plates. A card that has its power cables on the end would be better.

Either that or one of these.

https://www.evga.com/articles/01051/evga-powerlink/

Soldato
If the cables won’t fit then even thinner cables won’t be any good unfortunately.

You will be talking what 10-15mm between that and the side of the card? Which it will struggle to keep cool.

I’ve had the same issues before with the exact same card which meant something like a 7-8+ degree drop just from removing the side panel door as it was too close and a massive delta on the memory.

I’d go with a triple fan card like the Gigabyte or zotac or just go with a founders edition which does very well in my opinion.

Even against my EVGA XC ultra it’s not any louder with the air cooler, probably quieter. Although I bought it solely for warranty and watercooling.

Soldato
Google this

'GPU VGA 8Pin 6Pin PCIE U Turn 180 Degree Angle Connector Adapter Board'

47945305491_6f79332126_b.jpg

and see if it might sort your issue.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom