• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

2080ti cards failing ?

Caporegime
Will get it tested tomorrow. But by installing the water-block the warranty is out the window AFAIK...

Better to contact Nvidia directly and find out, someone on hardocp got a response from their CS saying as long as the PCB isn't damaged it was fine. But he was based in America and their policies likely differ to here.

Associate
Better to contact Nvidia directly and find out, someone on hardocp got a response from their CS saying as long as the PCB isn't damaged it was fine. But he was based in America and their policies likely differ to here.

Thanks, that's good advice.

Am still sick at the prospect.

Caporegime
Rushed release, no stock, exorbitant pricing, useless feature set, and faulty memory...

Nvidia the way you are meant to be played :mad::rolleyes::eek:

Farce of a launch and it continues with no stock for most of the AIB vendors and no real estate either. Doubt we can criticise AMD much on their launches as this is on par if not worse than the Vega launch.

Last edited:
Associate
Is this been blown up or do a lot of RTX members have issues?
People with problem tech complain the loudest on tech forums. This has always been the case. You wont see people with working cards going out of their way to post about how they are working as intended. Outside of enthusiasts that would be posting regardless of course.

Thats not to say the problem isnt real.

Associate
I recall shortly after launch a thread on Vega 64 LCs failing badly as well. Mine failed also. After replacing the rad fan with a more silent model, no more bearing grind could be heard and a driver update the next day solved the instability issues.

This seems no better or worse than this, only there are a lot less people on this thread advising to swap to the other team!

Soldato
People with problem tech complain the loudest on tech forums. This has always been the case. You wont see people with working cards going out of their way to post about how they are working as intended. Outside of enthusiasts that would be posting regardless of course.

Thats not to say the problem isnt real.

True dat.

I have a 2080 and ran Heaven for 30 mins and my 2080 FE is fine. I see no artifacts. I had the very first batch, so it could be a batch after that. I read it's mostly the newest batch of 2080Ti and 2070's

Associate
I recall shortly after launch a thread on Vega 64 LCs failing badly as well. Mine failed also. After replacing the rad fan with a more silent model, no more bearing grind could be heard and a driver update the next day solved the instability issues.

This seems no better or worse than this, only there are a lot less people on this thread advising to swap to the other team!
Swap to the other team! :D:p

Soldato
Yes I don't know if it's a bad batch of RAM or perhaps rushing the cards out the factory to meet demands. Either way, it's totally unacceptable on such an expensive item. I really feel for anyone who's watercooling and suffers these issues! Was looking to do the same myself, so I would want to be as sure as I could that I was getting a solid and reliable card. Not that you should even have to THINK about that on an £1100 product!!

Be interesting to know if it is majority the delayed batches...

Also have to say there is an alarming amount of a holes in this thread laughing at the idea some spent hard earned money and got a faulty card. You don’t have to like the price but don’t be a complete tool about it in a thread like this.

Last edited:
Associate
Will get it tested tomorrow, though by installing the water-block the warranty is out the window AFAIK...

Always, always test on air for a few days before waterblocking. I've got the EK block ready but it's not gone on yet - and now i'm thinking... maybe not. Eeek.

I got caught out by this years ago - WB a card and after a day or so it developed issues - sweating whilst putting the AC back on was not ideal..

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
Not so much:
  • This will be an advanced RMA and through this; you’ll first receive a replacement unit from us.
  • Defective part/unit needs to be “returned” after receiving a replacement unit.

One of the reasons why I haven't put my waterblock on yet, Im not 100% clear on Nvidias policy for taking the card apart if that invalidates the warranty or not.

Back
Top Bottom