2133MHz RAM only running at 1333MHz

Associate
My previous setup was an Asrock Z68 Pro3, 2 x 8GB of G.Skill Trident 2133Mhz DDR3 RAM (https://www.gskill.com/en/product/f3-2133c9d-16gtx), and a 2500K.

This worked fine until I upgraded the CPU to a 3770K, where I got 4 beeps on boot, which is linked to a memory issue.
The only RAM configuration I could get to work was B1 and B2 in single channel mode. While the BIOS states they are running at 1600MHz, CPU-Z is telling me that they are running at 1333MHz. I've set it the use the XMP profile but this doesn't seem to help.

The motherboard and RAM sites do not list each other as compatible, but it seems odd that it worked OK with my previous CPU.

The motherboard is on the latest BIOS, but on the motherboard website it says all 2133MHz RAM requires overclocking. Does this just mean bumping up the voltage of the memory controller on the CPU?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Associate
OP
PROGRESS!
There were no bent pins, but the process of reseating my CPU has got the other RAM slots working. My theory is that the CPU fan was screwed in a bit too tight and was warping the board enough to disable the nearest 2 slots.

The RAM still isn't running at full speed though.
HVitfP5.jpg
CPU-Z
w4TQyLt.png
E82J3df.png

Any ideas on how I can get this running at 2133MHz?

Back
Top Bottom