21CN WBC RFS Date

Soldato
According to SamKnows, BT has set the RFS date for my exchange as the 30th. I'm aware that this should allow for higher speeds, a few questions:

How long does it normally take before suppliers start providing these services in the area?

I currently get about 4-5mb/s on UKFSN, is this speed likely to increase as a result of the upgrade?

I'm aware that line quality and distance still come into play here...

Associate
I'm also interested in this, my exchange also goes live WBC on the 30th. I believe you will be eventually moved, but you can request to be moved earlier with some sort of admin fee.

Soldato
OP
If be* becomes available at my exchange I will switch to them. Haven't had a great experience with Enta over the last few months, and I'm beginning to go over my usage limit.

Man of Honour
I think its a month after RFS before you get moved over to 21CN WBC - but - you might still be on ADSL1 or ADSL2+ but capped to 8mbit unless BT has rolled out the "upto" 20Mbit in your area - the only thing that will change is your upload speed will connect as fast as possible (upto 1.3Mbit) and you should see a drop of 5-7ms on your latency.

EDIT: If your getting 4-5Mbit now you probably won't see much increase on the uncapped 20Mbit product anyhow... if your lucky it will increase to 6-8mbit.

EDIT2: Oh if your on an enta reseller or similiar that provisions 24Mbit ADSL2+ then you might see a speed increase after the RFS date.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
My line stats at the moment:
Code:
ADSL Link  	                  Downstream  	Upstream
Connection Speed 	  6176 kbps 	448 kbps
Line Attenuation 	          36 db 	        11.5 db
Noise Margin 	          3 db 	        22 db

Man of Honour
SNR is a little low but with that attenuation and sync speed you should see atleast 8Mbit on ADSL2+ and possibly upto 10Mbit if your lucky... upstream should sync at between 864 and 1152kbit.

Back
Top Bottom