2400Mhz mATX Motherboard

Soldato
I've been looking at this RAM:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MY-129-KS&groupid=701&catid=8&subcat=1387

I don't plan to overclock anything so that speed RAM would be nice (that speed would make up for the CL timings, right?). I'm after an mATX motherboard. I'll have a i7 4790 CPU.

I'm not really sure what this "OC" business is next to a lot of motherboards which say they support 2400 Mhz RAM? Like I said; I don't really want to overclock anything, I'd prefer if I could just stick the RAM in and have it perform at it's max speed.

Could anyone give me any pointers for choosing a suitable motherboard? Or should I worry less about actually running this RAM at 2.4Ghz?

Thanks!

Soldato
Im using a maximus vii gene with 2400mhz c10 ram. Works perfectly. All you have to do is enable xmp and you're done.

edit: You can still have a great board and not get 2400mhz. Its depends on the CPU's IMC. The Gigabyte and MSI m-atx are cheaper options that are just as good.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Associate
They have to list it as 'OC' because the official Intel spec only rates compatibility up to 1600MHz IIRC.

Back
Top Bottom