• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** 25/02/2011 EXTENSION! *** DEAL OF CENTURY: Asus GeForce GTX 480 1536MB Graphics Card with 2 FREE

Associate
By cooler what do you mean? What sort of temps am I likely to see given I have good case airflow?

Currently running a GTX260, and I cant hear that at all over the rest of my system. Not sure how they compare.

I idle at 35c - 42c.

At load the hottest it has went was 72c. ( Heaven Benchmark & games like Bad Company 2 )

I did not run Furmark ;)

Associate
Done some testing as i gradually run up the o/c (upto 775MHz core, std voltage). All i can say is the std cooler does the job if you have a cool case, and use a custom fan profile when o/c'ed. But under full load (ie furmark) the noise is the problem. Its VERY loud. But under idle its fine and gaming its still bearable. And most importantly, for £200 its a bargain.

And great service from overclockers!:D

Well pleased.:cool:

Will prob move onto o/cing the memory at 800MHz (core). Fun times. :D

Soldato
Running cool tonight!

Window in room only slightly ajar!

captureuhl.png

Associate
Guys Im still occasionally getting these strange blue lines that flash on intermittently. It doesnt happen all the time and the card isnt getting that hot, because I have a custom fan profile set in afterburner. The Max temp maybe goes to about 83 after a couple hours of crysis. The PCB hovers around 50C.

The strange thing is once it starts it'll still occur in windows, after Ive stopped gaming. Someone mentioned it was memory related, but as it doesnt occur all the time, Im not sure an RMA would be beneficial if OCUK just test it for 10 mins and then realise nothing appears wrong with it then send it back to me. Do I have to wait for something catastrophic to happen to it?

Soldato
Guys Im still occasionally getting these strange blue lines that flash on intermittently. It doesnt happen all the time and the card isnt getting that hot, because I have a custom fan profile set in afterburner. The Max temp maybe goes to about 83 after a couple hours of crysis. The PCB hovers around 50C.

The strange thing is once it starts it'll still occur in windows, after Ive stopped gaming. Someone mentioned it was memory related, but as it doesnt occur all the time, Im not sure an RMA would be beneficial if OCUK just test it for 10 mins and then realise nothing appears wrong with it then send it back to me. Do I have to wait for something catastrophic to happen to it?

You could always try and take some video of it happening upload it to youtube or something and send the link to them?

Associate
So with those blue lines, I think I may have fixed them. I think it was to do with the northbridge overheating. I have downed the voltage through it and stuck a fan right on top of it and it seems to have worked :) Still running at the same FSB too, so I didnt need all that juice going through it after all :p

Associate
Upto 800core 1600shader 1875Mem on stock volts.

Rock solid in heaven, a mix of games, & Kombustor. Needs a bespoke fan profile for Kombustor (and is loud @ 99% load), but nothing is perfect!

Well pleased for <£200 :cool:

Shall i push the memory tho?:confused:

Man of Honour
Got mine yesterday and installed it today. This is a cracking card, miles better than my 5850 @ 900/1200. I have been playing Stalker CoP a lot recently and completely maxxed out at 1920x1200 the 5850 would, every now and then suffer from stuttering. Just had a play with the 480 at stock and it's perfeclty smooth. Chuffed with this card.

Associate
OCUK owe me a pound!! :mad:

I know what your saying
I find this abit annoying that we was told the preorder price for £195 was a special preorder price only and then would sell for £250 RRP. Sence then its been on offer pretty much all the time for £220, £205 to £210 and now selling for less then the preorder price.

Kinda makes our special preorder price not so special.
Not that i care about the £1 but i preordered the card thinking i was geting a special deal on a card that would sell for around £250 RRP and now is on offer for less then those that preordered

Associate
I know what your saying
I find this abit annoying that we was told the preorder price for £195 was a special preorder price only and then would sell for £250 RRP. Sence then its been on offer pretty much all the time for £220, £205 to £210 and now selling for less then the preorder price.

Kinda makes our special preorder price not so special.
Not that i care about the £1 but i preordered the card thinking i was geting a special deal on a card that would sell for around £250 RRP and now is on offer for less then those that preordered

Yeah, just goes to show that you can't trust anyone ever! :D But it was very naughty to say it would never be as low aa the original pre-order price and to have it around or below it every 5 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom