£25 - 30k Saloon

Soldato
I watched a Youtube video on this blaming RFT on the issue, is this not the case?

It's possibly a contributing factor as the lack of flex in a RFT will likely increase the amount you feel it. This is also why it does it more in tyres with low tread. IIRC the main problem is with the caster settings which MB use on their cars and something which isn't resolvable.

I get it a small amount on my C63. The front tyres are getting low and on the first hard turn of the day, it crabs a small amount (feels like it skips a bit). As soon as the tyres warm up a fraction, it's fine. I'd expect it to almost completely disappear when I change the tyres or the weather warms up. Might be worse on the newer cars though. I understand the GLCs are pretty bad for this.

Would it stop me from owning the car I wanted though? Absolutely not.

Associate
How many though? i thought 10k-14k was decent for a set of tyres? And that's on a normal car non sporting like.

The solution i guess is dont put full lock on whenever not 100% necessary. I would hazard the number of times I've used full lock in the last 12 months is two.

I managed 40k miles out of my last set of tyres .... although to be fair my front discs have lasted over 90k miles and only changed my rears at 85k miles due to corrosion. I maybe should drive my car a little harder ... it is 360bhp/370nm.

Soldato
How many though? i thought 10k-14k was decent for a set of tyres? And that's on a normal car non sporting like.

The solution i guess is dont put full lock on whenever not 100% necessary. I would hazard the number of times I've used full lock in the last 12 months is two.

Depends what kind of tyres and how often you drive it fast.

Back
Top Bottom