• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

2500k instabilities creeping through?

Soldato
Hi guys,

Had my 2500k rig running for nearly a year and apart from tweaking the vcore once after a couple of weeks because I was having a few instability issues it has been rock solid!

Just recently however though things appear to have taken a turn for the worse... the system can be on for days, idle, and I can be playing games for hours etc. but then something like spybot or malwarebytes running will cause an instant bsod and a restart :( Its not constant, probably only 1 in 3 times.

I could ramp up the volts a little bit to see if that makes any difference but I thought I'd ask the experts for for advice :D

I'm currently running at 1.325v.

RJC

RJC

Don
Download and run mem test, you might have a problematic memory stick.

Soldato
OP
Yeah, I did at least 12hrs of prime iirc. I'll make a note of the bsod code the next time I witness it but it usually happens over night - when my scans are scheduled :)

I'll leave mem test on tonight...

Associate
Hello,

As the problem shows when running "spybot or malwarebytes", it could possibly be a low level driver conflict.

I presume you are on windoze, so have a look at the crash mini dumps for info.
There is a windoze utility here:- http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html for viewing the mini dumps.
You could post the info and then we could possibly trace the source of the crash.

Regards,

- Stem

Top Bottom