27" Monitor with no PWM

Associate
Hi all

Just returning my Asus PB278Q due to the PWM giving me severe headaches.

I ran a few tests, with it on 100% Brightness, my eyes are fine except for being blinded as the monitor is too bright.

Turning it down to 20 - 50%. within 5 mins use, my left eye lid starts twitching and I get a bad migraine.

A shame as I love the picture on this monitor.

So I need a 27" without it.

It looks like I have a choice between the Dell U2713H or the HM version or the Viewsonic VP2770.

TFT central imply the VP2770 isn't really designed for gaming ("this isn't really a gamer-orientated screen anyway")

Anyone use either of the Dells for gaming?

The input lag should be fine as I have been using a Dell 2407WFP which is > 32ms and it's been fine for the games I play.

Not interested in the DGM

Thanks

I couldn't get a good picture by doing this, and from reading various articles/forums, they imply the same.

For example, the article at TFT Central says

"This will reduce the luminance and contrast of your monitor while leaving the backlight on as much as possible during PWM cycles. While not a long-term solution for most due to the decreased contrast, this technique can help to discover if a reduction in PWM usage is helpful."

I've decided to go for one of the Dells.

I see the H version has a faster response time than the HM, but, according to TFT central, also has a slightly slower input lag. But both are faster than my old one so neither will be a problem.

I use the monitor for gaming and music software mainly, am happy to spend more on the H version if it gives me more. If I won't notice the difference, obviously its a waste of the extra money. Have a 4GB GTX 670 if that helps.

Having trouble deciding between them, any suggestions more than welcome.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom