27" QHD gaming monitor - curved VA or flat IPS

Associate
I'm after a gaming monitor and in much need of an upgrade as I'm coming from 1080p 60hz 24". Whilst most options available are considered upgrades I am concerned with some of the inherent flaws of the tech.

What I'm after is 27", 1440p and probably 120-144hz suitable for gaming, mostly fps. budget around £350-400.

I think i'd like a curved screen but have never really tried one out. This would mean a VA panel so probably some ghosting which will annoy me, unless anyone has experience to say certain VA panels are acceptable.

Otherwise, and for a bit more cash, IPS flat panels seem like a good option.

Any thoughts or recommendations please?

Ta

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
£400 will get you a Pixio PX7. IPS and 165hz, same panel as the LG 27GL850. It's not curved but at 27" I wouldn't bother with curved.

I recently got one and it's a very nice panel. I'm having to return it due to a stuck pixel but the returns process with the Rainforest is a breeze.

Associate
£400 will get you a Pixio PX7. IPS and 165hz, same panel as the LG 27GL850. It's not curved but at 27" I wouldn't bother with curved.

I recently got one and it's a very nice panel. I'm having to return it due to a stuck pixel but the returns process with the Rainforest is a breeze.

Maybe I am wrong, but i think PX7 panel is Innoloux not LG.

Soldato
also in similar boat wanting 1440p @165hz and seems VA have more ghosting so best to stay away ? the PX7 which is IPS has some really good reviews but I would prefer 2x HDMI and 1x Display and this has 1X HDMI and 2X Display :(

Soldato
The Pixio is an Innoloux panel apparently, I discounted it after lots of reading and went with the LG.

The Asus listed above is an AU Panel.

Apparently the Lenovo Legion Y27gq-20 uses the LG panel and the ViewSonic XG270QG does.

Soldato
Having had both the PX7 and 27GL850 I couldn't tell the difference.

The LG 27GL850-B is slightly better than the Pixio PX7 Prime. The LG has slightly better viewing angles, and a faster response time, resulting in slightly clearer motion, although most people won't notice this.

I read something somewhere that put me off the Pixio during my hunt, I'm sure it's still a great monitor though.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Nope. 32" will be less sharp at 1440p. 27" for 1440p is what you want.

VA won't be nice compared to IPS for motion handling e.g. fast paced FPS games.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom