2700x build - X470 Motherboard Choice

Soldato
Is the ITX a mini? I'm looking at the mini-ITX and ATX versions and they are both showing the same price. Would the former be the better option then?

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £237.08 (includes shipping: £11.10)​

one is ITX and wifi and VRMs/design built around the z390 version and then other is ATX without wifi. Aorus do a wifi version but not for UK

not right or wrong for format to be honest. personally i think ATX needs to be replaced with mATX since new people arent using triple GPUs or 2 NVMe drives/ sata m.2 drives arent as common yet

Soldato
This motherboard I have, gaming 7 has two CPU power sockets, one 8 pin and another 4 pin very near it. Do both those have to be connected or only the 8 pin ?

can just use the 8 pin . specially if running stock or slight overclock.

If you were going extreme overclock then you'd plug the 4 pin- this allows two things, more power to be supplied (technically should be using multi rail PSU) as well as cleaner delivery of the power and spread to VRMs.

If you've got the extra 4 pin then by all means plug it in but dont worry about it if you havent

Man of Honour
xda4pmf92pw11.png

Associate
OP
can just use the 8 pin . specially if running stock or slight overclock.

If you were going extreme overclock then you'd plug the 4 pin- this allows two things, more power to be supplied (technically should be using multi rail PSU) as well as cleaner delivery of the power and spread to VRMs.

If you've got the extra 4 pin then by all means plug it in but dont worry about it if you havent

Thanks

Associate
OP
I have a problem with the rear green speaker output. It seems to be locked at 1% level or just no output. Setting line out, which is the blue socket to speaker out in the Realtek control panel makes them work when plugged into the blue socket. Any ideas on this ? Google indicates I'm not alone with this. Maybe @GIGA-Man could help ?

EDIT - This is intermittent because I've just done a reboot and the green socket is working again.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I've figured out a CMOS reset using the switch at the rear of the motherboard will fix the sound for a random amount of time. @orbitalwalsh , What BIOS version are you running ? Also, have you got any issues with your system resuming from sleep ? Mine randomly refuses to wake and during that process it resets the BIOS settings.

Soldato
I've figured out a CMOS reset using the switch at the rear of the motherboard will fix the sound for a random amount of time. @orbitalwalsh , What BIOS version are you running ? Also, have you got any issues with your system resuming from sleep ? Mine randomly refuses to wake and during that process it resets the BIOS settings.

Still running F3 and latest Windows version .

Found using older windows build would let system shut down .

But I also don't use sleep function as I've got young kids and switch PSU at back of the case

Associate
I have a problem with the rear green speaker output. It seems to be locked at 1% level or just no output. Setting line out, which is the blue socket to speaker out in the Realtek control panel makes them work when plugged into the blue socket. Any ideas on this ? Google indicates I'm not alone with this. Maybe @GIGA-Man could help ?

EDIT - This is intermittent because I've just done a reboot and the green socket is working again.

That sound very strange especially as a reboot fixes the problem. If it continues let me know, do you have the google link we use a lot of those Realtek chips..

Associate
OP
That sound very strange especially as a reboot fixes the problem. If it continues let me know, do you have the google link we use a lot of those Realtek chips..

@GIGA-Man

http://forum.gigabyte.us/thread/4677/x470-aorus-gaming-wifi-audio

http://forum.gigabyte.us/thread/4211/gigabyte-x470-gaming-sound-issues

https://www.reddit.com/r/gigabytega...ntermittent_lowvolume_sound_issue_with_aorus/

That's just a few links. It's a CMOS reset that fixes it each time using the button at the rear of the MB. Seems to be randomly caused when the PC resumes from sleep, that process crashes the system and resets the BIOS settings. That sleep reset bug is also common if you google it, most say that it is related to the memory voltage being reset to 1.2v, hence the crash when resuming from sleep. I've disabled sleep now to see how it goes.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
In the BIOS, under NBIO->XRF Enhancement, PBO - If set to AUTO (default) -

All cores are around 4Ghz, Vcore 1.284v, temp running prime around 60c

but setting PBO to ENABLED all cores are around 4.2Ghz but Vcore jumps to 1.44v peak with prime 95, temp around 65c.

Does anyone know what the difference is between PBO auto and enabled ? Also, is that Vcore a bit high ? I can't really see any real world difference between those settings.

Associate
Hi Subroutine,

I am asking what the main change on that setting does, I have also reported the sound out issues too. Will get back to you ASAP but I agree the core voltage does seem high.
]

Associate
OP
Hi Subroutine,

I am asking what the main change on that setting does, I have also reported the sound out issues too. Will get back to you ASAP but I agree the core voltage does seem high.
]

Thank You. There's no way to get this system to resume from sleep and I've tried many setting in the BIOS including LLC @ Turbo to see if it was VDroop . That's not so much of an issue though but windows sleep is useful.

Associate
OP
@GIGA-Man BIOS F6e was pulled from the support site after I updated the BIOS on my motherboard and replaced with F6, which I updated to. Now F6 has been removed with no explanation at all just like f6e. Is there an issue with F6 ?

Back
Top Bottom