• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

2900 cards is this true?

Soldato
i have read
"2900XT does AA in the shaders, upping the AA level hardly ever changes the performance, if the shaders are less busy. Take Doom 3 for example, I get absoloutly no change in the time demo performance wise from 8xAA to 16xAA."

Is This how these cards work? sounds like its very good on older titles then?

Permabanned
psychas said:
how the (Insert Naughty Word Here) you now that do not answer with only no

Banned lol. :D

psychas you never seem to have any hard information to back up what you say. If you said something then had some information to back up what you have just said then people would take you seriously. Your obviously a hard core HD2900XT fan, we all know that now.

Last edited:
Soldato
jaykay said:
Know one knows so we go by dx9 performance and the GTX is better, than a 2900xt.

You never know, the 2900XT has been seen besting the 8800GTX in the CoJ demo, but yes, thats a demo, and the 8800's besting the 2900XT in LP DX10 demo?

No one will know yet, its possible the 2900 will beat the GTX, but then again, possible it wont, I just answered no to psychas because I dont think his comments deserve a decent answer, possibly no answer at all.

Caporegime
it must be a very deluded person who thinks the 2900xt is the fastest card out. Like 99% of the benchmarks i have seen show the gtx to be a fair bit faster than the 2900xt. the 2900xt is more like the gts's equivalent, and people need to just accept that.

No one knows about directx10 performance so we will have to wait till crysis/world in conflict e.t.c. No point argueing over stuff we don't have a clue about.

Soldato
We will see in dx10 mark mine words. no idea how gtx does it on dx9 as it has everything less then xt but xt will get back on it at dx10 i hope :eek: anyway should not move away from the topic

Permabanned
psychas said:
We will see in dx10 mark mine words. no idea how gtx does it on dx9 as it has everything less then xt but xt will get back on it at dx10 i hope :eek: anyway should not move away from the topic

No one cares about Direct X 10 at the moment, apart from you and your little buddy the HD2900XT.

The GTS is on par with the HD2900XT, some benchmarks the HD2900XT wins and on others the GTS 640 wins in DirectX 9 games. Stop saying oh the HD2900XT will beat the GTX in Direct X 10 games. Their not even out yet so forget about it.

Back
Top Bottom