• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

2900XT 512mb or GF 8800 GS 640mb?

Permabanned
TheRealDeal said:
Every driver set has seen performance improve on the hd2900xt as to the
point where i would say it was the more powerful card over the 8800gts.

g80 performance has also increased due to drivers so no.

Soldato
ergonomics said:
TOM it says you are using the 7.7 beta's. i have asked you in about 4 threads already have you noticed ANY improvement and youve never ever replied.

so i'll ask one last time, have you noticed ANY improvement at all? anything? as my friend is looking into cards atm and i know you keep saying theyll get better, if not then ill just get him to get a GTS.

Alexrose1uk said:
He's likely under NDA and not actually ALLOWED to specifically answer questions about them.

Bingo.

Caporegime
I don't know what the big deal is with the 2900 being £10 cheaper than the GTS, its got less memory so its got to be cheaper, but only a tenner is way to little, your getting an extra 128mb of Ram for only a tenner on the GTS, 640mb all the way seen as they are both about equal now, and the GTS doesn't suck as much power (2900 needs more than a GTX), doesn't give out as much heat, and is also quieter, get the 2900 and your not saving that tenner, you gona have to put that, and some towards your leccy bill, so your gona lose not save. :D

Permabanned
LoadsaMoney said:
I don't know what the big deal is with the 2900 being £10 cheaper than the GTS, its got less memory so its got to be cheaper, but only a tenner is way to little, your getting an extra 128mb of Ram for only a tenner on the GTS, 640mb all the way seen as they are both about equal now, and the GTS doesn't suck as much power (2900 needs more than a GTX), doesn't give out as much heat, and is also quieter, get the 2900 and your not saving that tenner, you gona have to put that, and some towards your leccy bill, so your gona lose not save. :D

The funny thing is the 8800 GTS in other countries is cheaper, in fact so much so in many cases you can by the OC versions for less or equal price too a 2900XT

I personally think retailers are ripping people off with the GTS prices here as they have actually gone up slightly since 2900XT launch. :(

Soldato
ergonomics said:
TOM it says you are using the 7.7 beta's. i have asked you in about 4 threads already have you noticed ANY improvement and youve never ever replied.

so i'll ask one last time, have you noticed ANY improvement at all? anything? as my friend is looking into cards atm and i know you keep saying theyll get better, if not then ill just get him to get a GTS.

Yea sorry, as others have said I'm under NDA. ATi are very secretive with there new driver packages.

You will be able to find out for your self either next week or the week after when the drivers become public.

Soldato
Shocky fm is there any benchmarks where the 8800gts can keep up with a
8800gtx? From what i have seen in upto date reviews hd2900xt is in between a gtx and 8800gts in a lot of cases. There are still games where it is unusually
slow though but i am sure like most of the reviews say these are driver issues.

Back
Top Bottom