2k complete gaming build

Associate
Seeking advice for a student friend on a new build for playing games: Doom, COD 3, Ark Survival and Evolved. He is doing a gaming course and will require to do 3d work.

The budget is £2k.

He has 2 x Acer S271HL monitors but I have already suggested that he would be as well buying a new monitor to get benefit of higher resolutions from new rig and that he may only get one monitor in to his budget.

Must be Intel.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Soldato
Associate
OP
Yes I think an m2 PCIE SSD is a must. I bought one of the Samsung models when they first come out for my own build but not sure if can stretch to a Samsung 500/512Gb for this build without making sacrifices elsewhere.

Budget is around 2k for everything and that includes monitor(s) if best to replace the 2 x Acer S271HL monitors ?

Soldato
Yes I think an m2 PCIE SSD is a must. I bought one of the Samsung models when they first come out for my own build but not sure if can stretch to a Samsung 500/512Gb for this build without making sacrifices elsewhere.

Budget is around 2k for everything and that includes monitor(s) if best to replace the 2 x Acer S271HL monitors ?

Speed of the SSD isn't to important, rather then size to be honest . A lot will be in the ram to be honest , least when I was doing it textures would be wrapped and unwrapped with different programs

@gib73

Trimmed down some fat

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,817.39 (includes shipping: £12.60)​

As with monitors personally rather have two screens . Yes it's over kill for two 60hz 1080p screen but depending on what they are doing in the course, if heavily rendering off GPU or creating games that will be poorly optimised if they are starting right from the ground up - think current PUBG

Last edited:
Soldato
Again , I find that itx system 'cute' haha

ha you probably didnt see the post prior to 'delete', i posted the monitor in a separate comment before editing my build comment lol, shame there isnt an option to delete what we post.

i still stand by the system i mocked up ha, plenty for the games asked of and isnt in a stupid big tower taking up loads of space ha, but then im quite fond of small builds so maybe slightly bias, already priced up a ryzen build for myself with that case, not that i need it.

Associate
OP
Yes your option is looking the best so far

Speed of the SSD isn't to important, rather then size to be honest . A lot will be in the ram to be honest , least when I was doing it textures would be wrapped and unwrapped with different programs

@gib73

Trimmed down some fat

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,817.39 (includes shipping: £12.60)

As with monitors personally rather have two screens . Yes it's over kill for two 60hz 1080p screen but depending on what they are doing in the course, if heavily rendering off GPU or creating games that will be poorly optimised if they are starting right from the ground up - think current PUBG

Back
Top Bottom