2nd Track Day At Oulton 26th July... Enjoyed It!

Soldato
Hi There,
Well did my 2nd day, was happy... know track now... but Saturday task was to get "knee down"... dont' ask me why just something I wanna do, so I was willing to take the hit in speed to get my positioning correct. So, spent all the afternoon, moving more and more on the bike... until it became more "natural"...

Got to a point that the lean angle is right over, scrapping toe sliders more and more, tire narling up on the edges... but didn't get knee down I'm afraid... and I think it's one failing... too close to the tank... and I'm pivoting around the tank too much... so next track day on the 12th August, will amend this. However as a side effect I did find that I'd increased my speed around corners signifcantly using weight of myself, so there was a result in this...

Anyone have any other tips they used?

Oh yeah... went to suspension guy and asked him what he could do about the suspension setup lol... this will make you all laugh... basically looks like the fork suspension oil hasn't been changed in 15 years... as it wouldn't adjust at all lol... and I've not changed it... then he tried to tweak the back and the gas damper didn't have any gas in it... and the rear is basically working off spring alone lmfao... hahaha... I've got used to it, but he sat on the bike and said, how the heck are you riding it like this? LOL.... so bikes booked in Wednesday front forks stripped, setup and rear and asking him to set up for 15 stone fatboy... then on the 12th August can tweak myself after each session if not working. At the moment, I can't tweak a thing.
Oh yeah... went to suspension guy and asked him what he could do about the suspension setup lol... this will make you all laugh... basically looks like the fork suspension oil hasn't been changed in 15 years... as it wouldn't adjust at all lol... and I've not changed it... then he tried to tweak the back and the gas damper didn't have any gas in it... and the rear is basically working off spring alone lmfao... hahaha... I've got used to it, but he sat on the bike and said, how the heck are you riding it like this? LOL.... so bikes booked in Wednesday front forks stripped, setup and rear and asking him to set up for 15 stone fatboy... then on the 12th August can tweak myself after each session if not working. At the moment, I can't tweak a thing.

Will post a few pictures later... not very good ones actually but hey, always nice to have :-0

Back
Top Bottom