3 Monitors | Can I get them working as Extended Desktop

Associate
Got 3 different monitors of various size, but would like to run them all together as extended desktop (Not Eyefinity), but I think with the connections on the cards/monitors it won't work. Have Monitor 1 & 2 running together currently, just wish to add the 3rd if possible)

Hardware = 2 x Sapphire 5850's in Crossfire (1 x DVI / 1 x HDMI / 1 x Display port)

Monitor1 = 22" with 1 x DVI / 1 x VGA
Monitor2 = 28" with 2 x HDMI / 1 x VGA (Main Screen)
Monitor3 = 19" with 1 x HDMI

Now my understanding is that I can't convert a DP signal to HDMI to make it work, so is there any way around this apart from buying a Monitor with a DP?

Soldato
Yep it will work, you can even use a active displayport to dvi adaptor and then put a dvi to hdmi on that, tried it myself so i know it works, but for three screens you have to use the displayport

Soldato
Yep it will work, you can even use a active displayport to dvi adaptor and then put a dvi to hdmi on that, tried it myself so i know it works, but for three screens you have to use the displayport

+1

One of these plugged into your first monitor (the one with DVI) and your three monitors should work fine.

Associate
yeah surely its a fairly simple case of DP required

<edit> not DP in the more adult context that some may take that to mean :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom