3 pin fans suitable for what i've ordered ?

Associate
I was just looking over my pre-order for a full new build.

I realised that for the antec300 i've ordered another 2 120mm case fans but i'm not sure with these being 3pin power connector's if they are the right ones considering the power supply i've ordered only has 4pin peripheral connector's.

The motherboard i've ordered says that it has these as internal power connector's 1 x CPU Fan connector , 1 x Chassis Fan connectors , 1 x Power Fan connector.

I'm really clueless as to whether i would be able to power these or even where they plug in (this is the first computer i've built for more than 5 years now).

Should i switch these 2 case fans to 4pin fans ?

Soldato
you can buy the adaptors to make them fit a normal molex connector i think, and sometimes they come with the adaptor cable included, but you would have course need to know of someone who brought these particular fans, 1 or 2 would fit your motherboard by the looks of it

Soldato
it all depends on what the 2 case fans that come with the 300 are 3pin or 4 pin. hopefully someone who has a 300 will post. Unless you buy 3 to 4 pin adpators as stated above.

Associate
OP
it all depends on what the 2 case fans that come with the 300 are 3pin or 4 pin. hopefully someone who has a 300 will post. Unless you buy 3 to 4 pin adpators as stated above.

It never actually occured to me what the tri-cool fans power connector's were but looking through the antec website and the manual's on the website there doesn't seem to be any indication of whether they are 3 or 4 pin.

It would be great if anyone with a 300 could tell me which way round it is.

Associate
It never actually occured to me what the tri-cool fans power connector's were but looking through the antec website and the manual's on the website there doesn't seem to be any indication of whether they are 3 or 4 pin.

It would be great if anyone with a 300 could tell me which way round it is.

Far as i know all the Antec tri-cool fans are molex.

Associate
Yeah thats fine.If you use chassis Fan connector you will be able to control the speed of them through Speedfan or mobo software.The pwr_fan wont let you contol speed so the fan will run at full.

Soldato
You can usually get a way with a modest overclock using the stock cooler, but if you want to get some serious extra Hz then a 3rd party cooler is a must- the stock coolers simply aren't designed to handle the extra power dissipation.

What is your CPU, motherboard and budget for a cooler? i'd be happy to recommend you one.

Associate
OP
To be honest i'm already over budget so if i can get by without an upgraded CPU cooler if i don't ever plan to overclock then i will for the moment.

If i ever feel down the line that the CPU is running hotter than i like then i'll maybe upgrade then.

Associate
To be honest i'm already over budget so if i can get by without an upgraded CPU cooler if i don't ever plan to overclock then i will for the moment.

If i ever feel down the line that the CPU is running hotter than i like then i'll maybe upgrade then.

you will be fine with the stock cooler for now mate

Back
Top Bottom