1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

£30 Bluetooth Headphones for midi piano playing

Discussion in 'Sound City' started by GothicGhost, Jun 14, 2018.

1. GothicGhost

Wise Guy

Bit concerned about the latency delay when connected to my phone or pc while using my midi keyboard.

I am a beginner so I can only play slow right now so this might not be a problem lol

Thanks.

2. rids57

Soldato

If you're going to be in a fixed position and you have concerns about latency, why do they have to be bluetooth?

3. GothicGhost

Wise Guy

Well, I wanted them for listening to music as well on my phone.
    I do have wired headphones, Shure SRH440 I just need to buy a longer cable so it's not in the way when I'm playing.

Bluetooth would be great as I can use my midi keyboard with my phone as well if I need to.

Thanks.

4. Marsman

Capodecina

£30 for Bluetooth headphones is pretty much scraping the bottom of the barrel. £30 is not a lot of money for wired headphones. Bluetooth headphones have additional electronics that cost money, meaning the everything must cost less to meet the low price.

All £30 will buy is no name brands on the jungle site. If that's all you can spend, then pick the ones with the best comments; although I am sceptical about many of the glowing reviews, whether they are genuine.

Maybe quality is not overly important as long as they work well enough; I don't know. Maybe a cheap unknown brand pair is worth a punt. If they suck, just return them.

For a known decent pair of Bluetooth headphones, such as AKG Y45BT, they will set you back £80.

5. GothicGhost

Wise Guy

Thanks.

What I did today is just order an extra long cable for my wired headphones for piano use
    and some Bluetooth headphones for my mobile.

If the BT ones are no good I will just return them and get better ones later.
    Thank you.