£300 budget

Associate
Hey guys,

Have around £300 for the bike itself, and looking for a mountain bike. Heard carerra are good? Any suggestions?

Bike will have the occasional going over on the road and footpaths but mainly for off road biking and trails so definitely a mountain bike opposed to a hybrid.

Any advise welcome.

Going to pick up a mini foot pump opposed to a handheld, as well as a pressure gage and few other bits to ensure I can get back to the car after long distances!

Cheers :D

Associate
Associate
OP
My mate has just got the Carrera Vulcan (£360 from halfords) and it seems a decent level entry bike.

What I would suggest is make sure you sit on the bike before you buy it and all bikes are different for riding position etc.

If you can stretch your budget then have a read of this:

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/Lib/Img...-mbuk-2013/calibre-two-two-mbuk-bike-test.pdf

Also a good place to research would be bikeradar:

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=20005&start=30

Cheers, looking over your links now.

The vulcan was the one I looked at. Currently on offer with discount for about £290 so not a bad shout, but not against increasing the budget if the pros outweight the cons.

Associate
Bike radar is a very good site for all your mountain biking needs, they have some great reviews and tips etc. In the end just get something that is comfortable and you like the look of, you can always upgrade at a later date if you really get into it :D

Associate
OP
Well I missed the discount on the Vulcan from Halfords, but I've had mixed reviews from friends that Carrera's are crap, with some saying good. Bikeradar gave the bike 5/5.

£400 would be a bit out of my budget for the calibre, £300 is much more comfortable but could possibly stretch if there's any first hand recommendations for someone starting out at entry level.

Anyone else have any input?

Back
Top Bottom