• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3070 prices creeping up daily...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I wouldn't like to put any bets on the prices dropping

The 2080ti prices never hardly dropped at all through it whole 2 year life span (if anything they actually went up even higher :eek:)
if 3070 will be around 2080ti performance the price will have to drop

Is the 3070 a worthy upgrade from the 1080ti? I want to actually stretch my 165hz 1440p monitor this generation.

I wanted a 3080 but since its Vapourware its not much of any option lol
I am waiting for the reviews as well but I think it will not be worth.. you will get probably 300-350 for 1080ti and pay additional 200 for probably around 25% performance?
I am planning to go with 3080...

Soldato
Just goes to show.... if something seems to good to be true it usually is. Nvidia giveth, resellers taketh away.
Bend over suckers.

Associate
In the stock announcement from @Gibbo this was written..."3070 launch incoming, we have product in stock for launch, but nothing shall be displayed in stock as we feel it will sell out fast but as before I shall hint which brands stands forum members the best chance of grabbing one"

I'm confused. Will the 3070 product pages show live stock on Thursday to order? or is there some other way to order for forum members? thx.

Associate
In the stock announcement from @Gibbo this was written..."3070 launch incoming, we have product in stock for launch, but nothing shall be displayed in stock as we feel it will sell out fast but as before I shall hint which brands stands forum members the best chance of grabbing one"

I'm confused. Will the 3070 product pages show live stock on Thursday to order? or is there some other way to order for forum members? thx.
Going on previous launches, shortly before launch he'll make a post saying which brands/models they have more stock of, and so higher chance your order will be fulfilled. No special ordering system for forum members.

Associate
Going on previous launches, shortly before launch he'll make a post saying which brands/models they have more stock of, and so higher chance your order will be fulfilled. No special ordering system for forum members.
Cheers. Yes he hinted already on a brand, just wasn't clear if it was still a bun fight once they go live. It'd be more useful to give us a heads up of time of preorders opening up :) Thanks.

Man of Honour
Never seen a price rise that bad for the "same tier" of card in ANY previous xx70 generation
I dunno, the 970 cost £259 on launch and you say you paid £400 for your 1070 on launch. So we're talking a price rise of about 50% / £140. The RTX3070 price rise compared to RTX2070 doesn't seem any worse than that?
If by xx70 you mean it needs 2 digits before the 70 then it's a bit of a limited comparison given there's only a single point of reference (1070 to 2070).

Associate
OP
I dunno, the 970 cost £259 on launch and you say you paid £400 for your 1070 on launch. So we're talking a price rise of about 50% / £140. The RTX3070 price rise compared to RTX2070 doesn't seem any worse than that?
If by xx70 you mean it needs 2 digits before the 70 then it's a bit of a limited comparison given there's only a single point of reference (1070 to 2070).

I got a 970 on launch too ^_^ what a beast of a card that was for it's time. Then the 8GB 1070 came along and obliterated it a few short years later. And here we are now..

You know anyone who's pay went up by +50% over 4 yrs? Most ppl are lucky to get +3% (per year) these days. There's no way the average person can keep up with these bonkers price rises.

Honestly I find it amazing that these are selling out so fast at these prices, but it really was a "perfect storm" of pandemic->lockdown + technology breakthrough etc. making it a perfect time to invest in home entertainment for those who weathered the storm raging around us and can still afford to drop that kind of money on hobbies (which is probably a minority in the current climate).

I'm still undecided as to what to do on 29th but you can bet my ass I'll be spamming F5 til the last second of the countdown (like most of us) and if I just so happen to get one in my basket then maybe just maybe I'll be foolish enough to bite.. desperate times..! would much rather have a 3080 tho if i could get one for £650 but that ain't happening any time even remotely soon so WTF do you do instead? wait it out (for maybe 1yr+) or try ur luck with a 3070 instead..? decisions decisions..

1070 is still a decent card for most games at 1440p, but it does struggle with some and no chance @ 4k/60fps which is the gold standard everyone's hankering after atm with 4k TV's being as cheap as they are now. (sure 1440p/144hz is good for fast games, but for the truly cinematic experience in blockbuster titles, 4k is the way to go!)

Then there's also Cyberpunk which many people want to upgrade in time for.. ;)

Man of Honour
You know anyone who's pay went up by +50% over 4 yrs? Most ppl are lucky to get +3% (per year) these days. There's no way the average person can keep up with these bonkers price rises.

Funny enough I get almost exactly a 3% pay rise PA - but it comes as 9% every 3 years :s

1070 is still a decent card for most games at 1440p, but it does struggle with some and no chance @ 4k/60fps which is the gold standard everyone's hankering after atm with 4k TV's being as cheap as they are now. (sure 1440p/144hz is good for fast games, but for the truly cinematic experience in blockbuster titles, 4k is the way to go!)

Still holds up well enough for me - with G-Sync I'm happy enough at 60-70FPS at 1440P in single player and for multiplayer I tend to sacrifice settings to get the clearest view anyhow which pushes it up to benefiting high refresh rates.

I only do 4K in games I use a controller with such as racing games and fortunately so far those I play just about manage at 4K on my 1070 - though it is adequate rather than ideal.

Associate
The problem isn't the pricing, the problem is the PRICE of people paying stupid amount for something with 8gb Vram slower than a PS5 for more money and extra on power bill as they are overly power hungry...as usual the problem isn't the thieving manufacturer but the consumers, same as with politician, the problem is the people. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom