• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3070 TI @ £799 - doesn't feel too stupid a price?

Associate
Agreed, I'm coming around the thinking of buying midrange and upgrading more often. I think that is a better strategy than buying high end and keeping for a long time.

Yeah buying high end doesn’t necessarily add longevity, especially when the next midrange cards tend to at the very least match the performance.

I personally only buy the high end as I like having the best out there.

As you say you’re better off buying mid range and changing on every release than buying high end and keeping it.

The loss you make isn’t as bad either. The high end drops like a stone.

A 3090 isn’t going to be worth much if a 4070 priced at 700 matches the performance with other benefits

Soldato
Yeah buying high end doesn’t necessarily add longevity, especially when the next midrange cards tend to at the very least match the performance.

I personally only buy the high end as I like having the best out there.

As you say you’re better off buying mid range and changing on every release than buying high end and keeping it.

The loss you make isn’t as bad either. The high end drops like a stone.

A 3090 isn’t going to be worth much if a 4070 priced at 700 matches the performance with other benefits

I fully support your choice, I'd do the same but the money has to be spread amongst my varied interests and commitments, sadly! As you say I can see owners of scalped 3xxx cards taking a huge hit if they don't time their sale correctly. That said I know people who wouldn't flinch at spending £1k on a bottle of vodka who wouldn't care if their card lost value. I'm not in that league unfortunately :cry:

Soldato
Have a sneaky suspicion that the 4000 series won't launch this year, and when they eventually do, availability will be sparse.

But there have been so many posts, in so many threads on this forums where people are saying 4000 series is the magic fix that will solve everything?

Is that not true then?

...................:D

Soldato
Have a sneaky suspicion that the 4000 series won't launch this year, and when they eventually do, availability will be sparse.

Delaying could hurt them if AMD get headstart ? Surely either would want to release as soon as , also founders editions exist hoping this time round AMD do UK drops got the 3080 Fe would have been interested in the 6800xt if AMD did UK drops

Associate
Just grabbed 3070ti today for 699quid, due to my current 3070 is almost out of warranty.

P.S Anyone has a good experience on selling stuff on Ebay?

Soldato
Just grabbed 3070ti today for 699quid, due to my current 3070 is almost out of warranty.

P.S Anyone has a good experience on selling stuff on Ebay?

Pictures of everything from every angle with detailed description. Tracked shipping, insured, I take payment by Paypal. So far I've had no issues. I also only sell in the UK.

Soldato
If you are able to work from home with telegram alerts at the ready every minute of the day. You might luck out on a FE.

I was working when I bagged one , did it all on mobile pretty much had everything auto filled set unique ringtone for telegram app so I know it was for that but yeah depending on what you do not everyone can access phone

Saying that they also done few evening drops

Back
Top Bottom