• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3080 error 4 beeps on Asus motherboard, another 3080 bug

Associate
hi guys

installed my 3080 fresh 2 days ago and ive noticed i get a 4 beep warning from my mobo speaker

obviously an error code, so standards steps taken disconnected all my drives ram and components, still 4 beeps, installed 1080ti and the beeps disappear, so now i know its the GPU

researching ive find out that many people have had the same issue, something to do with the mobo detecting the GPU as a boot drive?!

Compatibility Support Module (CSM) is turned on, so apparently if i turn this off the beeps disappear

I switched off CSM and the 4 error beeps do disappear, but my PC boots straight into BIOS and states theres no bootable drive (windows on m.2)

a lot of 3080 owners are getting the same thing and more would realise if they had a speaker installed on their mobo

so ive checked my bios and its UEFI and Legacy

Is there a very easy way to do this without reinstalling windows or anyone else completed an easy fix?

Cheers

Associate
Some cards have had a bios update to stop this, Palit have issued a few bios updates to stop the beeps. i think it arises more when you combine a gen 3 M2 drive with Gen 4 GFX card on Pcie 4

Permabanned
I get 4 short beeps on my z77x-D3H (ivy bridge), which according to the manual is due to the RTC. I suspect it's just PCIe being confused by a gen4 card. Everything works as it should and the card is running properly at x16.

The solution is just to ignore the beeps.

Associate
OP
Some cards have had a bios update to stop this, Palit have issued a few bios updates to stop the beeps. i think it arises more when you combine a gen 3 M2 drive with Gen 4 GFX card on Pcie 4
yes i have windows installed on a m.2

the GPU bios update, does that mean flashing the GPU bios, thats sounds risky

I thought it would be a bios update on the CPU

Associate
yes i have windows installed on a m.2

the GPU bios update, does that mean flashing the GPU bios, thats sounds risky

I thought it would be a bios update on the CPU

palit have issued a GPU bios update if you have the problem, I am not sure what other makers are doing for cards that have issues. disabling CSM cures it for most but then you are on Gen 3 PCie. I think its mostly mixing Gen 3 M2 drives and Gen 4 gpu's trying to use PCie 4

Associate
OP
I get 4 short beeps on my z77x-D3H (ivy bridge), which according to the manual is due to the RTC. I suspect it's just PCIe being confused by a gen4 card. Everything works as it should and the card is running properly at x16.

The solution is just to ignore the beeps.
yes correct you can ignore the beeps by removing the motherboard speaker, also its a bit annoying, and if there was a future issue, i wouldn't be able to tell if there is an error

Soldato
Well you can run 'mbr2gpt /convert /allowfullos' command to convert your nvme to GPT then it should boot in uefi mode. Make sure you backup anything you need first in case something goes awry. Did it myself without any problems.

Associate
OP
Well you can run 'mbr2gpt /convert /allowfullos' command to convert your nvme to GPT then it should boot in uefi mode. Make sure you backup anything you need first in case something goes awry. Did it myself without any problems.

yes thats a good idea do the above, convert the m.2 to GPT, then boot in uefi, that will give me the ability to disable CSM in the BIOS

by the way where did u get the instructions to:

run 'mbr2gpt /convert /allowfullos' command to convert your nvme to GPT

thank you

Soldato
I saw a video on this the other day, do you have a choice to change to gen 3 in the bios as that seemed to fix the issue the guy was having.

Soldato
Associate
OP
Back
Top Bottom