• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3080 Suprim x or 3080 Asus strix

Soldato
Afternoon all in relation to the above which one would you choose and why?

Both are very good build quality, would probably go with a Asus TUF and pocket the change but the Strix has less problems with holding its clock speed.

I think the Suprim X binning process could be better, I am not personally convinced that all the chips that get binned into the Suprim X are good enough and you might end up RMAing until you get a working chip at the highest BIOS settings.

Soldato
neither, both over priced, and tbh for a long term investment, u should be looking above 10gb vram, its already looking shaky, even f1 is usuing nearly 10gb vram, although im sure a 3080 owner will be coming along shortly and springing to defense of the 3080/70:cry:

Soldato
Would go for a 3080FE as it destroys both the above on price performance, I'd suspect you can even get a 3080ti FE for less although at £1050 it's harder to make the VFM argument.

Soldato
Neither because how much they are sold for , unless they drop to around £850, the 3080ti Fe dropped today and was available for over 1 hour £1060 or try for 3080fe £650

Last edited:
Associate
I have a 3080ti suprim x and no complaints about it well apart from the price but was stuck in a bind and needed a new gpu

It's a massive card so check your case before you buy

Permabanned
neither, both over priced, and tbh for a long term investment, u should be looking above 10gb vram, its already looking shaky, even f1 is usuing nearly 10gb vram, although im sure a 3080 owner will be coming along shortly and springing to defense of the 3080/70:cry:

Hes not asking about any of that. He clearly like both cards and is asking for opinions on which may be better. How do you know its a long term investment? I had a 3080 and had zero problems as do many, many others.

Back
Top Bottom