• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3080ti available - 20:57, 16th dec

Soldato
It does have RGB lighting but naturally I switch all that off in the BIOS :p It also has the RGB headers for synchronised lighting if you have all that installed in your system too :o

You must be quite a bit older than me to remember those days haha!

Is the main difference between yours and the Aorus Elite for an extra £30 just a bit more RGB then?

Yeh, I just retired, so guess I'm considered ancient these days! :p

Man of Honour
Does indeed look like the only differences are really the added wifi as standard and the reinforced memory slots and PCI Express slot for the GPU. I had those slots on my old Z190 Gaming 5 board and they're pretty cool but not something I was concerned about. The built in wifi might be useful however depending on your use case. For the sake of £30 more you'd gain that alone I guess if buying a half decent wireless card. The rest of the specs look the same.

Soldato
Does indeed look like the only differences are really the added wifi as standard and the reinforced memory slots and PCI Express slot for the GPU. I had those slots on my old Z190 Gaming 5 board and they're pretty cool but not something I was concerned about. The built in wifi might be useful however depending on your use case. For the sake of £30 more you'd gain that alone I guess if buying a half decent wireless card. The rest of the specs look the same.

Yeh, I'll be (hopefully) using this for at least five years, so an extra £30 doesn't matter.

Looks a decent board.

Soldato
Hmm all the usual suspects are in the £200 price range really with the more OCing geared boards or fancypants lights and aesthetics costing way way more. I saw one for £1600 for example which someone mentioned in the mobo forum lol.

I bought the Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 based on my experience with previous GB boards and the amount of features available like 16 phase power but also because the aesthetics and relative price vs what it actually is seemed ideal. For most purposes this board is an Auros minus the price tag or extended cosmetics. All of the brands seem to have released recent BIOS updates too which fix some bugs like XMP profiles and CPU optimisations for power so we are all good there now it seems.

This is it: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z690-GAMING-X-DDR4-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios

And here's how it looks installed:

pc_12thgenbuild_5000D-sideangle.jpg

Radiator should be flipped the other way with tubes at the top ?

Man of Honour
As long as the pump isn't the highest point in the loop then all is good but preferred layout is pipes at the bottom of course generally. Over time permeation will result in more air bubbles so really you want any such bubbles (which there will be in every AIO) to collect up in the chamber away from the pump line although typically there's not enough pressure for any air bubbles to return back to the pump anyway assuming that the pump is on the base and not inside the radiator like on some AIOs!

Soldato

Hang on, where am I supposed to connect my speakers to?

There are no audio jacks on the rear port, unless I'm missing something.

I currently have three plugged into the back of mine, which gives me 5.1 audio.

Man of Honour
Hang on, where am I supposed to connect my speakers to?

There are no audio jacks on the rear port, unless I'm missing something.

I currently have three plugged into the back of mine, which gives me 5.1 audio.

What speakers do you have? These boards have a 2 channel line-out for analogue audio but the optical out is up to 7.1 channels so you'd need to use SPDIF to connect to your surround setup instead of the 3.5mm jacks.

Other boards from the likes of Asus do have the individual 5.1 analogue outputs though of course.

Soldato
Soldato
Goddamit missed it again. Literally had the Nvidia site open all week.

Don't. Just click directly on the Telegram link. It goes to one of OCUK's competitors that we cannot name. Make sure you have already created an account there and have your mobile to hand in case your bank wants verification for the transaction.

Associate
Don't. Just click directly on the Telegram link. It goes to one of OCUK's competitors that we cannot name. Make sure you have already created an account there and have your mobile to hand in case your bank wants verification for the transaction.

This. And set your banking app for fingerprint login, makes it easy to quickly switch to that and authorise payment within about 10-15 seconds.

Back
Top Bottom