• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3080ti available - 20:57, 16th dec

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Chaps,
Just seen that there's an FE 3080ti available from Nvidia.

I managed to bag one on the last drop, so just returning the compliment such that a fellow OCUK member can hopefully buy it.

Soldato
I see a member on here is being a scalper on AVF :(

Yep sadly he is also scalping ps5's too all the time. Funny I even tried to help the guy at one point with an issue .. Anyways ... many more on here are doing the same just using different names on AVF but easy to spot them as they normally can't sell there then come on the MM and post exactly the same items and copy and paste text. Anyways ...:(:rolleyes:

Happy to see some of you guys got an FE tonight :D.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Yep sadly he is also scalping ps5's too all the time. Funny I even tried to help the guy at one point with an issue .. Anyways ... many more on here are doing the same just using different names on AVF but easy to spot them as they normally can't sell there then come on the MM and post exactly the same items and copy and paste text. Anyways ...:(:rolleyes:

Happy to see some of you guys got an FE tonight :D.

This is my first FE. Heard and read great things about them like OC ability etc and overall quality of the cooler and stuff. Cannot wait. Will also look nicer in my new build as that is themed rather like a space ship which the Gigabyte slightly doesn't fit in with :p

Soldato
This is my first FE. Heard and read great things about them like OC ability etc and overall quality of the cooler and stuff. Cannot wait. Will also look nicer in my new build as that is themed rather like a space ship which the Gigabyte slightly doesn't fit in with :p

Your Intel 12700k build will now be totally complete :D, happy you finally got one mate, you will love it for gaming and productivity. Make sure to update some pictures of your build with it in :).

Soldato
Your Intel 12700k build will now be totally complete :D, happy you finally got one mate, you will love it for gaming and productivity. Make sure to update some pictures of your build with it in :).

I think my X5650 might struggle with the 3080 Ti, but I am planning to upgrade to a 12700K system when DDR5 is more available.

I'm more worried if my 14 year old 850W PSU is going to throw a hissy fit!

Soldato
I think my X5650 might struggle with the 3080 Ti, but I am planning to upgrade to a 12700K system when DDR5 is more available.

I'm more worried if my 14 year old 850W PSU is going to throw a hissy fit!

I wouldn't bother with DDR5, just get a DDR4 Z690 motherboard with a 12700k, real world makes no difference and the 12700k is the star of the show out of the new cpus.

The old PSU will probably be a problem, depending how good it is and how hard of a life its had.

You may also find your x58 motherboard may not agree with the new card and not post.

Soldato
I wouldn't bother with DDR5, just get a DDR4 Z690 motherboard with a 12700k, real world makes no difference and the 12700k is the star of the show out of the new cpus.

The old PSU will probably be a problem, depending how good it is and how hard of a life its had.

You may also find your x58 motherboard may not agree with the new card and not post.

I'll find out Monday.

If that's the case, I'll definitely be getting a DDR4 system!

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
^DDR4 here with standard 3600 CL18 (64GB) and my benches match up to those on review sites really. I would not worry about DDR5 for at least another 12-24 months until the latency yields something noticeable in real world.

Will post a pic of the installed innards although tbf it will look not much different to before lol just with a nicer looking card :D

As for PSU, I think I should be good, I have a 750 watt Phanteks AMP which is a Seasoninc on the inside and reviewed quite highly when I got it a year or so ago so am confident that it will suffice since the 3080 Ti draws around 100 watts more than the 2070 Super I have currently.

Soldato
^DDR4 here with standard 3600 CL18 (64GB) and my benches match up to those on review sites really. I would not worry about DDR5 for at least another 12-24 months until the latency yields something noticeable in real world.

Will post a pic of the installed innards although tbf it will look not much different to before lol just with a nicer looking card :D

As for PSU, I think I should be good, I have a 750 watt Phanteks AMP which is a Seasoninc on the inside and reviewed quite highly when I got it a year or so ago so am confident that it will suffice since the 3080 Ti draws around 100 watts more than the 2070 Super I have currently.

That's good to know, thanks.

What's considered a good, medium cost Z690 board, any ideas?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Hmm all the usual suspects are in the £200 price range really with the more OCing geared boards or fancypants lights and aesthetics costing way way more. I saw one for £1600 for example which someone mentioned in the mobo forum lol.

I bought the Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 based on my experience with previous GB boards and the amount of features available like 16 phase power but also because the aesthetics and relative price vs what it actually is seemed ideal. For most purposes this board is an Auros minus the price tag or extended cosmetics. All of the brands seem to have released recent BIOS updates too which fix some bugs like XMP profiles and CPU optimisations for power so we are all good there now it seems.

This is it: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z690-GAMING-X-DDR4-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios

And here's how it looks installed:

pc_12thgenbuild_5000D-sideangle.jpg

Soldato
Sweet looking PC!

I do like a bit of RGB, comes from working years in the IT industry with boring beige cases and green screen monitors!

God, I remember doing C on an ancient 4:3 monitor with green lettering!

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
It does have RGB lighting but naturally I switch all that off in the BIOS :p It also has the RGB headers for synchronised lighting if you have all that installed in your system too :o

You must be quite a bit older than me to remember those days haha!

Back
Top Bottom