3090 FE and Oculus Rift only 1 HDMI port?

Associate
Hi all,

I just went to connect my occulus to my 3090 FE and realised that it's only got one HDMI output the rest are displayport, whats the best adapter to buy? thanks in advance

Soldato
the oculus rift CV1 used hdmi, the RiftS is DP (and iirc the DK2 was DVI but i could be wrong, that was a looooong time ago)

i cant remember what i did with mine I *think* i used the hdmi for my rift and then used a DP-hdmi adapter for my tv (monitor) the other way round did not work so will, due to my long extension leads.

so either way you need a DP to hdmi adapter https://www.amazon.co.uk/Displayport-WARRKY-Gold-Plated-Connector-Compatible/dp/B081GMCNNF/

try it with your rift (note this is only for CV1) and failing that use it for your monitor.

PS they usually only say 4k/30 on them but i think they usually manage 4k/60

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi all,

I just went to connect my occulus to my 3090 FE and realised that it's only got one HDMI output the rest are displayport, whats the best adapter to buy? thanks in advance

Just get a display port to hdmi adapter and use it for your monitor. And then use the HDMI port for your Oculus Rift,

Soldato
I can't I need HDMI 2.1 as I have the computer going to a LG Oled 48" for a monitor and need it for 4k @ 120Hz

will check out the adapters

Ah!! Well, hopefully a Display Port adapter will work for you. The Rift was a bit fussy about display port adapters that's why most people used them for their monitors and kept the HDMI port on the GPU for the Rift itself.

Back
Top Bottom