1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

3090 FE RMA opinion?

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by tintin82, 21 Aug 2021.

1. Sarge2255

Perma Banned

Yah, that's for the link, been waiting on that for weeks now, even though the SLi thing is dead, my favourite game supports it, just hoping Anthem supports it I will be off the grid for a few weeks if it does.

2. Sarge2255

Perma Banned

Looks like I have been shafted, after reading someone could not get the link to work because its a 4 slot link. Most mothernoards allow for 2 cards with the space of a 3 slot for the NV link connection. so NV again with extremely poor design. So not happy, I should have read up before I ordered.Problems, problems...

3. Psycho Sonny

Perma Banned

You are doing things the wrong way around IMO.

Set it to 1900 @ 887mv. Then underclock the ram by 400mhz.

Do a before and after in Port Royal. Make sure it's Port Royal and not time spy and tell me your scores and temps before and after. Make sure you use the same fan profile on both.

Memory makes zero difference to gaming power so you can underclock memory which will cool it and not effect performance at all. Using higher clocks on the core will give a massive boost to gaming performance. So you should see lower VRAM temps and faster performance if you do what I suggest.

4. wunkley

Mobster

Interesting! I didn't actually think of trying this. Worth experimenting with for sure - cheers!