1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

30xx Series Founders Edition

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Dirk Diggler, 24 Sep 2020.

1. HangTime

Man of Honour

Agreed, all the FE cards sell out so there's no need to open it up yet. The fact people might want an upgrade, or a card for a second machine etc doesn't change the fact that they are still too easy to flip. MAYBE you could make a case for having the 3090/3080ti opened up.

I want a 3080, but I used to own a 3090 so I accept I may need to wait a while.

2. lnoton

Mobster

Launch date of this was the 17th sep 2020. Taken almost 1 year to get one lol

3. Alec potter

Associate

Mines landed this morning. Going to be a long day at work till I can get home and fit it.

4. lnoton

Mobster

Is there a warranty registration process on the nvidia site? Can no longer find it.

5. K4Y84

Gangster

Nope. Just keep your invoice from the retailer. That is all that is needed to submit a warranty claim within the 3 year warranty period.

6. lnoton

Mobster

thanks mate. bought from website and have the paper receipt shipped with box. Tucked it into the box.

7. spenncerr

Hitman

3080ti FE arrived today from a well known competitor who had a bunch in stock on Monday. Very happy!

8. THX1138

Associate

17 sep 2020 when you sit back and think about it that was one quick year.

9. K4Y84

Gangster

Cool cool. When I RMAd my 3080 FE I used the PDF invoice.

10. weaselcannon

Associate

Honestly an awesome card. Got mine when they first launched and have been chewing through games with no effort at 4K paired with a 5900x. Much more manageable than a 3090, that was just a bit oversized for my tastes.

11. lnoton

Mobster

I've experienced coil whine for the first time ever. Thankfully it was only when the fps was unlimited in a menu. Ok when capped at 165fps to match my monitor.

12. spenncerr

Hitman

I've not really had a chance to put it to the test yet! Can't wait though.

13. Alec potter

Associate

3090 received today, opened and promptly stuffed back into its box for a return.

The fins next to the upper fan have corrosion under the paint coating so the finish is coming off along the edges, revealing dusty white bare metal. Looks a right mess.

RMA process started. Pretty disappointed.

14. Jae-So

Mobster

Got my 3080 Ti FE, So happy, time to bench!
    Ignore the dust :cry:

[​IMG]

15. Jae-So

Mobster

Sorry to hear man. Hope it gets sorted.

16. lnoton

Mobster

Oh no. Well rumours are they have cards in the warehouse for immediate replacement.

I should check mine. I just plugged it right in. Corrosion starts small and spreads.

You got a photo?

17. Alec potter

Associate

Got a few photos, will figure out how to post.

To be fair to the retailer. Spoke to them at 6.30pm, took maybe 5 mins to get through to speak to a human.

RMA accepted. Collection already booked for tomorrow.see how long it takes for them to send a replacement….
    Not their fault as it is a sealed box, pretty poor qc from nvidia, spotted the paint flaking within 10 seconds of opening the box.

Ok I lie, 10 seconds was just staring, thinking wowzers it’s huge. 12 seconds later it was “that doesn’t look right”

18. Alec potter

Associate

Photo fail post

19. lnoton

Mobster

Yeah the 3090 is a big card :)

20. lnoton

Mobster

Use something like Imgur. Get the URL, The one ending in jpg and use the insert image in the comment box