• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Permabanned
The sad truth is though, even if you are a gamer, if you are lucky enough to pick up a 3060ti FE you really should flip it as you can easily get £1K for it from miners. I'm not saying its all gamers flipping cards, but that's over 600 quid profit, so you can go out and buy a 3060Ti from a board partner after at ~£600 quid and you essentially have your GFx card for free. Whilst it may not sit well with your sensibility you can't blame people in this market for taking the opportunity to get a free upgrade.

In a sad way I feel good about this, because the 3090 is not the greatest value for money out of the 3 series and I have it :confused:

Associate
I suppose for those people playing old games that want to play at 4k with low textures and high framerates? No card can play modern games at 4k and at 120hz anyway! No at decent settings.
Rubbish. I play in 4k 120hz. Picked up a gigabyte 3070 gaming oc last week and it can play any game at ultra settings with a minimum 100fps except cyberpunk which is poorly optimised

Soldato
Rubbish. I play in 4k 120hz. Picked up a gigabyte 3070 gaming oc last week and it can play any game at ultra settings with a minimum 100fps except cyberpunk which is poorly optimised
?

Is your 3070 different to all the other 3070 cards reviewed by the industry journalists?

The reason I ask mate is that the benchmarks suggest much lower than 100fps at 4k for a lot of modern games.

Associate
Replacement 3090 FE received yesterday.
And the Coil Whine on it is terrible. Even limiting it to 60fps at 1440p, it’s still extremely noticeable.

And yet the MSI 3080 it replaces is Silent.

Hmmm, 3rd time lucky??? Or is it time to call it a draw.

Associate
Refund time then. Not putting up with that level of noise. 3meters away and it’s still offensive. 60fps at 1440p warzone and it sounds like an angry mob of crickets are trying to break free inside the pc.

Cold War black ops, you can play a tune with it just by turning in game the way the whine goes up and drops.

Soldato

No idea what games your playing, (patience probably) but there is no way the majority of modern AAA titles can run at 120fps (or 100fps minimum) 4k Ultra settings on a 3070. Period!

Taken from ONE review site:
4k top settings with 3070.

Death Stranding 83fps
MS flight sim 29fps
Shadow of Tomb Raider 64fps
Gears 5 57fps
Horizon Zero Dawn 56fps
World War z 89fps
Metro Exodus 89fps
Resident Evil 3 75fps
Doom Eternal 120fps <<<<< There's your one winner!!
Wolfenstein youngblood 112fps
Hitman 2 65fps

The only way you are going to get any where near 120 is with DLSS enabled titles, without using RTX.

Oh and I think you'll find that Cyberpunk is an Nvidia optimised title.

Last edited:
Soldato
The sad truth is though, even if you are a gamer, if you are lucky enough to pick up a 3060ti FE you really should flip it as you can easily get £1K for it from miners. I'm not saying its all gamers flipping cards, but that's over 600 quid profit, so you can go out and buy a 3060Ti from a board partner after at ~£600 quid and you essentially have your GFx card for free. Whilst it may not sit well with your sensibility you can't blame people in this market for taking the opportunity to get a free upgrade.

I sold my 3060Ti-FE to a mate for £300, he gave me £350 for it as I was building a PC for his daughter at the time, he ordered me the 3080FE which I am now running..

IF I had gotten the 3080 earlier in the year I might have been tempted to sell it as I've been all over this year, spent loads on the PC upgrading it but not been here to play on it, so its been mining, if a 3060Ti-FE is worth £1k, wtf is a 3080FE with the pads done worth?!
Prices are going back up again, not down...

Soldato
Agree. 1440p a push but 4k, nope.

Death stranding runs kindly on most GPUs so only 83fps would indicate another nope straight off the bat.
It did seem a strange response to my statement. It wasn't even a contentious view point. Just plain nonsense...and he had the card. He must have miswritten.

Soldato
Replacement 3090 FE received yesterday.
And the Coil Whine on it is terrible. Even limiting it to 60fps at 1440p, it’s still extremely noticeable.

And yet the MSI 3080 it replaces is Silent.

Hmmm, 3rd time lucky??? Or is it time to call it a draw.
Ah mate. Sorry to hear.

Where are you based? Anyone on here or that you know that could try it in their rig?

Thankfully my 3080 only had it at a menu of one game where i hadn't set the max menu FPS. I actually think mine has quickly settled down. I can hear it. But I have to be ear against the case. My fans do run...it ain't a silent rig to be fair, but not loud, just a wherrrr

Permabanned
Refund time then. Not putting up with that level of noise. 3meters away and it’s still offensive. 60fps at 1440p warzone and it sounds like an angry mob of crickets are trying to break free inside the pc.

Cold War black ops, you can play a tune with it just by turning in game the way the whine goes up and drops.
What PSU are you using?

Associate

It’s just easy money… scalpers/miners/gamers/whoever, if there is someone willing to pay those prices then the seller is happy.

I can’t let go of my 3080 FE… the unicorn.

Associate
Rm850x. 10700k.Asus Z490 tuf.
3080 is near silent.
3090 fe in anything other than windows is buzzing away. Only at 1440p.

warzone, in game. Limit at 60fps, still buzzing .

138fps cap, 1440p with gysync, headphones only just manages to drown it out. Moved Pc from Rh side to Lh side of the desk so the GPU exit isn’t in line with my ear and is facing away. Still way to noisy.

Can hear the buzz over 5 140mm noctuas, and 6 120mm artic 120mm fans on a aggressive fan curve.

Ready to call it a day after first 3090 fe came with paint flaking and corrosion on the heat sink fins and now this one whines. Will se what the UK FE retailer says tomorrow regarding RMA.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Think old @TNA has the same card so he could confirm its quasi performance?
I only do 4K60 mate. Many I even cap at 57fps. I have been perfectly fine all the games I have tried thus far.

I still remember @opethdisciple noobing out and not running textures on maximum even at his potato 1440p resolution when playing Resident Evil 3 just because the in game settings by the noob devs said 10gb would not be enough. Yet here I am am now playing it 4K with highest texture with 8GB perfectly fine. Lol.

Just goes to show, people should not blindly follow what other say, not even devs if it sounds a bit odd.

Permabanned
Rm850x. 10700k.Asus Z390 tuf.
3080 is near silent.
3090 fe in anything other than windows is buzzing away. Only at 1440p.

warzone, in game. Limit at 60fps, still buzzing .

138fps cap, 1440p with gysync, headphones only just manages to drown it out. Moved Pc from Rh side to Lh side of the desk so the GPU exit isn’t in line with my ear and is facing away. Still way to noisy.

Can hear the buzz over 5 140mm noctuas, and 6 120mm artic 120mm fans on a aggressive fan curve.

Ready to call it a day after first 3090 fe came with paint flaking and corrosion on the heat sink fins and now this one whines. Will se what the UK FE retailer says tomorrow regarding RMA.

Is the card seated secure as it's large? Use 2 separate psu 8pin cables to give it power.

Your PSU could be dying? As a 3090 is power hungry.

Permabanned
I only do 4K60 mate. Many I even cap at 57fps. I have been perfectly fine all the games I have tried thus far.

I still remember @opethdisciple noobing out and not running textures on maximum even at his potato 1440p resolution when playing Resident Evil 3 just because the in game settings by the noob devs said 10gb would not be enough. Yet here I am am now playing it 4K with highest texture with 8GB perfectly fine. Lol.

Just goes to show, people should not blindly follow what other say, not even devs if it sounds a bit odd.

What 4K on a 3060??

Back
Top Bottom