1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

30xx Series Founders Edition

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Dirk Diggler, 24 Sep 2020.

1. Oblivion007

Gangster

For around 30 seconds :rolleyes:

2. DeliciousStorage

Hitman

Wrong, I got a PS5 on release day for £360 and haven't touched PC gaming since. I don't plan to upgrade my GPU until the next generation of cards because the performance difference from PS5 to current gen cards is too small.

3. Raz

Mobster

I don't think it's a simple case of most PC gamers moving to consoles. Part (however small) of the fun of using PC's is upgrading, tweaking and optimising hardware/software. That said, it's getting a bit too expensive for that but I can't see pc hardware dying out because I doubt Nvidia and co care where the money flows from.

Money for the Money God!

:p

Btw, how is the 3080 ti with mining?

4. Blackjack Davy

Soldato

On launch day, try getting one now they're all on eBay

5. _Cereal_

Gangster

Plenty of drops, way more than Nvidia FE drops I assure you. It's extremely doable with alerts

6. ljt

Mobster

I'm lucky enough to have a working gaming PC and consoles, yet I'd say my gaming time is split 80/20 in favour of consoles. There are only a few games that are keeping me interested in the PC side. If it weren't for them I wouldn't have a gaming capable PC. I no longer enjoy upgrading, tinkering, troubleshooting PC's because all that eats up valuable time.

If the current trend of ridiculous prices continues I'll just give up on PC gaming altogether and just have to hope that the few games that currently keep me on PC, eventually end up on consoles. (Thankfully some are, like Stellaris now on consoles, so hopefully games like HOI, EU etc end up on there too, and maybe one day the Total War series)

7. Psycho Sonny

Suspended

Steam had 5 million more users for the month of August this year than the year before and the year before was record breaking in terms of numbers thanks to Covid. On average this is true for 2021 Vs 2020. 5 million on average more users per month.

8. ljt

Mobster

I don't care what steam says though, because that is not my personal experience.

9. wildest_jjk

Mobster

Absolutely echo this as per my post earlier. I’m pretty sure this is frankly the reality for most people given the prices and availability now.

I would love to know the percentage of PC gamers that actually enjoy building and tinkering with machines themselves. Don’t get me wrong I still enjoy it and have the funds but I can see this for what it is.

10. sandys

Wise Guy

Any recommendations for a water block for a 3080Ti FE, I have seen one or two blocks for 3080Ti that say not for founders, so not sure where I should be looking.

11. g67575

Mobster

Nah, if Super Ampere cards exist, they will probably sell Founders Editions for a similar / the same price, but they won't be much faster / different.

Didn't the RTX 2000 series Super cards just replace the non Super versions, at the same price?

12. Harlequin

Mobster

LOL - Nv want a much larger slice of the pie ; the Super cards will be alot more expensive because of *reasons* and money printing

13. _Cereal_

Gangster

Anything goes when you have 3090s easily selling for over two grand, people are willing to pay premium prices, Nvidia will be more than happy to provide.

14. Twinz

Wise Guy

3090's can print money right now and the more you buy, the more money you can print.

15. Captain

Capodecina

They were more expensive once retailers added their price gouging on top of an already expensive card.

16. GhostDog1981

Gangster

up to a point, then it becomes too expensive to pay electricity versus profit from crypto.

I fear a massive dump onto second hand market come Feb/March and anyone who's overpaid now for a card will be a little rueful.

17. Sean473

Gangster

Agreed - Although NVIDIA and AMD might just drop production and take the hit to maintain the high prices and weather the dump - Eventually the dump will stop and demand just seems to be growing exponentially!

18. Harlequin

Mobster

Lol, nope, there wont be any `dump` , wasnt before and wont be next year

19. Joxeon

Soldato

Yeah cause when ETH bomb hits all the miners will switch to other crypto that don't make any money and not one will sell their cards off.

20. Harlequin

Mobster

ETH bomb is june 2022 at the very earliest now (keep an eye of EIP4345 updates). POS will be Feb, at the earliest. Heard all of this before with BTC and the difficulty increases.