1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

30xx Series Founders Edition

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Dirk Diggler, 24 Sep 2020.

1. heatonpkmassive

Wise Guy

I wanted to do it on a PC too, but I had all the info saved on my phone and did it using that. Surprisingly easy, website was slow at times but every step eventually went through. Maybe the mobile site isn't as battered as the desktop site, certainly less bandwidth needed to open pages.

2. xPETEZx

Gangster

Id be happy with that!

Mine whines regardless of FPS. Seems as soon as the card hits any load, it whines.

Undervolt has helped, made it slightly quieter. But not eliminated it.

3. uscool

Wise Guy

I had 3080Fe that had really bad coil whine even undervolting didnt do much, I knew replacement couldnt be worse . the replacement also has it but it isnt as bad and it mostly gets drowned out when the fans kick in dont like how its lottery for each card when you are paying this much

4. Avathar77

Mobster

Anyone else got delivery confirmation? Mine is still saying Awaiting picking. Monies taken from the account.

5. Spudgun

Wise Guy

Same here - reading above, there were some delivery confirmations yesterday, hope the rest get done today

6. Moley

Mobster

I've been having problems with system stability since replacing my 3070 with my 3080ti FE. Just random crashes to desktop in game, random crashes of the video subsystem in browsers - not often, but enough to notice and worry about the card - also couldn't run games on Ultra Settings, they'd crash out immediately.

I'd run DDU and did fresh driver installs with no joy. Finally bit the bullet last night and did a fresh install of windows onto a spare SSD and everything is running brilliantly - can play Valhalla on Ultra, card is running 5C cooler and (fingers crossed) no crashes so far. Not sure what the problem was but a good clear out is often the solution.

:)

7. xPETEZx

Gangster

This exactly!
    I hate that its just a luck of the draw. You cant go and buy say an ASUS Strix or a Suprim X and be SURE it wont have whine... from what I can tell... its just random.

I dont understand why. Surely all cards have the same parts on them... why is it that some of them whine? And more to the point... why isnt that picked up in QC.
    When your paying this much for a GPU... Its not acceptable imo. Whats the point of making a quiet cooler, if the card is just going to make an irritating whine.

8. Trig

Soldato

I've pushed both my 3060Ti and 3080, neither has whined.

9. Aretak

Mobster

Companies aren't going to scrap or remanufacture an entire card because it has coil whine. It'd be way too expensive. It's seen as one of those defects that's "acceptable" and within manufacturing tolerance, the same as a certain number of dead pixels or uneven luminance are in the monitor space. It sucks, but it's not going to change unless there's some breakthrough in manufacturing that reliably suppresses it.

10. Harlequin

Mobster

That high street walk in and sell shop has increased cash buy price - its a brainless 100% profit for a 3080FE card

11. Minstadave

Caporegime

Christmas is coming. Demand will only increase.

12. Soulja

Capodecina

Had my 3080ti delivered today :D

13. ljt

Mobster

But I bought the card to play games with, not to make money with. So unless I was desperate for cash then I have no intentions of selling it to them

14. Trig

Soldato

Its been £1260 for a week or more now, their sell price seems to have gone up £100 though..

I'm almost tempted to sell mine to them, or somewhere else, and try and get a 3090FE...

15. Oblivion007

Gangster

No delivery confirmation yet for me either.

16. lnoton

Mobster

Agreed. I get people see profit and will sell to double their money.

All peoples situations and views on life are different.

I'm not rich, by my definition. But a £600 gain means nothing to me. It the grand scheme of things...

I'd rather have the card :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: 25 Nov 2021
  17. shadow_boxer

Sgarrista

Mines still awaiting picking :(

18. varkanoid

Capodecina

Wouldnt worry sometimes it has took 3-5 days in the past for the card to arrive. If it says awaiting picking its confirmed. They will be swamped with orders around Black Friday time.

19. xPETEZx

Gangster

It strange how it has become accepted...
    Clearly as some cards have it and some don't, it can be avoided. Its the randomness of it thats more annoying.
    If it was "this cheaper card will whine" while this more expensive one does not, people could make a choice. Spend more to avoid it if it bothers them, save a buck if it does not.
    Sadly that isnt the way....

20. Morve

Hitman

Mines been dispatched