• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Maybe so, my impression was that it would probably be Q4 2022 for the 'Ampere Next' cards. Not much reason to release them earlier than then (presumably in time for RDNA 3).

Correct I agree.

I suppose the other factor, is that the RTX 3080 will probably keep it's value for longer than the RTX 3070.

Disagree. Unless it gets postponed, if the talk of the supers materialises, nvidia do release supers (or same cards with more VRAM) I would say shuffling to these would be the longer term play should more games start shipping with large texture packs etc. As with the previous point, we could be very near christmas before the stampede to secure a unicorn 40 series begins and we still dont know what the asking price Jenson will stuff us with...

Soldato
It’s a shame because that means you can’t upgrade will just have to buy on a different card and different address what a faff

Its a system I agree with, you really shouldnt be needing to upgrade twice in one gen, get the one you need first time, if you have a 3070, someone with say a 1070 is a in a worse position and not yet brought a 3000 series card.

Associate
Its a system I agree with, you really shouldnt be needing to upgrade twice in one gen, get the one you need first time, if you have a 3070, someone with say a 1070 is a in a worse position and not yet brought a 3000 series card.
That's what I'm upgrading from a 1070 so a 3080ti is a big update. Hope it comes today lol.

Soldato
That's what I'm upgrading from a 1070 so a 3080ti is a big update. Hope it comes today lol.
Hoping mine comes today too but it’s with DPD and on its way to their depot so I’m expecting it to come on Monday. I’ve ordered the annoyingly expensive £20 Corsair 12 pin adapter for my RM750x so I might just wait for that to turn up anyway.

Associate
Nice one dude enjoy!!

Cant plug in til tomorrow, got some fans coming and I wasn't expecting card til Monday lol

Edit

20220108_135006.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom