• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Soldato
I think they will just confuse customers by creating an RTX 4070 with similar performance to a RTX 3080, and charge a similar amount, but also with much better ray tracing performance. They will probably add more product tiers.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think they will probably try to double ray tracing performance too, the weakest point of current GPUs.

Not sure if AMD will be able to catch up with Nvidia on ray tracing though, at least not with RDNA3.

Soldato
I think they will just confuse customers by creating an RTX 4070 with similar performance to a RTX 3080, and charge a similar amount, but also with much better ray tracing performance. They will probably add more product tiers.
Why? Wasn’t the 3070 similar to the 2080 Super (well, a bit faster in fact).

Soldato
Actually, the RTX 3070 is roughly as fast as the RTX 2080 TI in 90% of cases. I guess some will want to argue about the remaining 10% lol.

Associate
Yep, there will be an increase but nothing like the other guy believes.

Inflation is running at over 5%, nearer 10% in many sectors. TSMC are already planning 20% price increases. Add in nvidia wanting increased profit. You really think fe cards will not see huge price increases?

I admire your optimism.

Associate
Inflation is running at over 5%, nearer 10% in many sectors. TSMC are already planning 20% price increases. Add in nvidia wanting increased profit. You really think fe cards will not see huge price increases?

I admire your optimism.
Never mind TSMC's inflation, current Ampere cards are fab'ed by Samsung who probably gave Nvidia a great deal.
Moving gamers to TSMC while maintaining Nvidia's accustomed 65% plus margins means prices were going to go up anyways, TSMC's inflation is just another factor.

I'm sure Nvidia bought plenty of 5nm wafers in advance at a certain price. TSMC's increases only come into if Ada/Lovelace sells far better than expected and Nvidia have to buy wafers at spot prices.

Soldato
If you think prices will be far lower that I believe, at least use a coherent argument.

What is there to argue? We have a difference of opinion, is that really difficult to understand? Or shall we meet round Tesco and fight to the death?

Perhaps you can apply that business degree expertise of yours and leak nVidia's business dealings with suppliers, confirm their prices, projections & apply variable market factors that'll affect prices and conclusively convince me and the rest of this sub that the price will be £850

Yeah, didn't think so mate.

Associate
Never mind TSMC's inflation, current Ampere cards are fab'ed by Samsung who probably gave Nvidia a great deal.
Moving gamers to TSMC while maintaining Nvidia's accustomed 65% plus margins means prices were going to go up anyways, TSMC's inflation is just another factor.

I'm sure Nvidia bought plenty of 5nm wafers in advance at a certain price. TSMC's increases only come into if Ada/Lovelace sells far better than expected and Nvidia have to buy wafers at spot prices.

Has nvidia booked capacity or a fixed price wafer? With such few fab manufacturers, I'd be surprised if tsmc have given a fixed price so far in the future, when everything from wages, raw materials and transport are increasing rapidly.

Soldato
Prices will be determined by AMD and Intel's offerings mostly. AMD is now very competitive performance wise, they just haven't managed to produce nearly enough for it to make a massive difference.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Yep, there will be an increase but nothing like the other guy believes.
Exactly. Every time new gen comes out people get confused and come up with silly numbers. Short memories. The 3070 is around 2080 TI performance minus the 3gb vram and costs about a third the price...

Was a similar story with 980Ti to 1070. Only time of recent memory price for performance did not do a nice jump was with Turing as I recall and that did not sell as well as even Jensen said my Pascal friends it is now safe to upgrade or something to the effect. Lol

Associate
Exactly. Every time new gen comes out people get confused and come up with silly numbers. Short memories. The 3070 is around 2080 TI performance minus the 3gb vram and costs about a third the price...

Was a similar story with 980Ti to 1070. Only time of recent memory price for performance did not do a nice jump was with Turing as I recall and that did not sell as well as even Jensen said my Pascal friends it is now safe to upgrade or something to the effect. Lol

We'll have rampant inflation for at least two years. Not something we've had for decades. This will have the largest affect on prices.

Back
Top Bottom