• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Soldato
Does anyone know if removing the backplate to replace the pads or installing a water cooler voids the FE warranty? I know some companies embrace such mods and some do not. Googlefu came up with mixed massages some saying it's ok and some not (both answers from NV support!)

I want to look after myhardware as best as I can but not if it voids my warranty.
I have the pads on order :)

Soldato
Does anyone know if removing the backplate to replace the pads or installing a water cooler voids the FE warranty? I know some companies embrace such mods and some do not. Googlefu came up with mixed massages some saying it's ok and some not (both answers from NV support!)

I want to look after myhardware as best as I can but not if it voids my warranty.
I have the pads on order :)
There is no sticker so they won't ever know ;)

Associate
I think its a bad stance by the card makers to stop people removing back plates to upgrade thermal pads or to improve cooling. not many support it, yet it can make a difference. I removed the cooler on my gamerock 3090oc to replace paste and fit thermal grizzly pads on front and back of card.
did it make a difference, well yes it did. the back plate now gets very hot, taking heat away from memory, plus i lost 2c idle on GPU using thermal grizzly K. Ive since purchased a 3090fe which i plan to water cool just waiting for the water block to turn up as my case isn't ideal for air cooling, fed up of leaving the front glass panel off.
Once the 3090fe is under water i will most likely sell the gamerock 3090oc with new pads and repaste done.

Associate
The European drops usually come first and the UK is a few days after. So far there have been none. Maybe next week.

EU drops were last week but no UK drop last week, sometimes we get a drop the same week and sometimes the week after so we might we a drop this week but as there isn`t a hard and fast pattern it`s hard to tell. We might not even get a drop for a couple of weeks with the Chinese new year.

A2B

A2B

Associate
did we ever figure out what route the Founders are taking? are they straight from China via Europe, or direct from there to here? or via the US? (seems unlikely as that would probably mean their new tariffs getting added on).

Back
Top Bottom