• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Soldato
I contacted Nvidia support and they told me I could change/add thermal pads and retain warranty

Hi.
That is great news however it does not seems to be a consistent line. Any chance you could post up a screen grab so we can all take a copy to throw at them should the need arise?
I am seriously considering just closing my case up and letting it burn.... But that is just so wasteful it would actually spoil my enjoyment of using the card when it is so easy to sort out

Associate
Hi.
That is great news however it does not seems to be a consistent line. Any chance you could post up a screen grab so we can all take a copy to throw at them should the need arise?
I am seriously considering just closing my case up and letting it burn.... But that is just so wasteful it would actually spoil my enjoyment of using the card when it is so easy to sort out

I will have the email somewhere, this was just to replace/add thermal pads to the back though.

Soldato
EU drops were last week but no UK drop last week, sometimes we get a drop the same week and sometimes the week after so we might we a drop this week but as there isn`t a hard and fast pattern it`s hard to tell. We might not even get a drop for a couple of weeks with the Chinese new year.

Well I was looking after the kids on Tuesday so I thought that would guarantee a drop, and I'm in the office Monday Tuesday next week so it'll probably be then. If that doesn't work i'll take my loop apart and add in my x570 board and 3950x with my current titan x pascal. They're bound to drop as soon as I've done that. You're welcome

A2B

A2B

Associate
Well I was looking after the kids on Tuesday so I thought that would guarantee a drop, and I'm in the office Monday Tuesday next week so it'll probably be then. If that doesn't work i'll take my loop apart and add in my x570 board and 3950x with my current titan x pascal. They're bound to drop as soon as I've done that. You're welcome

appreciated. let's see how I can screw the next one up (.. nah not this time! :) ).

Associate
Don’t wanna get in trouble on here so would someone pm me on where to keep an eye out here in the uk for a 3080 fe card as I just can’t seem to find a retailer for one and I know ocuk don’t stock them.

Caporegime
Don’t wanna get in trouble on here so would someone pm me on where to keep an eye out here in the uk for a 3080 fe card as I just can’t seem to find a retailer for one and I know ocuk don’t stock them.

The nvidia uk store, which will then redirect you to the retailer that sells them when they're in stock for 20 seconds or so every few weeks.

Associate
The nvidia uk store, which will then redirect you to the retailer that sells them when they're in stock for 20 seconds or so every few weeks.

Ive been on the nvidia store and it just shows the fe cards as out of stock no links or anything to click on ‍♂️

Caporegime
Ive been on the nvidia store and it just shows the fe cards as out of stock no links or anything to click on ‍♂️

Yup, when they're in stock it'll show the options to buy, you really need to sign up to discord and be in the stock alerts channel to have a chance of getting one.

Associate
Your chances of getting a 3080fe in a drop on the Nvidia shop are about 0.01%.

3090’s tend to hang around for about half an hour.

3090 most the time is hours when I brought mine it was there for about 6 hours easy maybe longer that was on the 11/1/21 was after a 3080FE from the start but always missed out and had carried on saving so missed out on that drop for a 3080 again and thought **** it got a 3090 no regrets

HRL

HRL

Soldato
In one of the other threads Nvidia have come out and said shortages for the 3080 and 3060Ti are going to worsen before they get better.

Now looking at the middle of the year. :eek:

And possibly more price hikes.

Caporegime
Its not surprising they sell out fast, when a stock drop alert appears on discord it has a ton of reactions to it inside a few seconds. These are all people trying to grab a 30 series for a good price so mainly on the hunt for an FE. If even half of the reactions in the first min or so equates to buyers then they could easily sell 100+ in a minute or so.

Back
Top Bottom