• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Soldato
Samsung has got its ass in gear. Credit to nvidia for getting MSRP cards out there, where is AMD?
AMD is hiding behind Brexit rubbish so they don't have to sell at MSRP their cpus and gpus.. you know the white knights to save us all from Intel and Nvidia as many thought would happen on here ...:cry:

AMD have been the worst out of them all this generation of cpus and gpus.

Associate
Soldato
I've got one of those. They're very highly rated and as you've said made by Seasonic.

The only thing is it's quite an old model now. I wonder if due to age and the big power spikes that the latest GPUs can produce could be an issue.

Best just to try it in various games. I'm (selfishly) interested in how you get on :D

I'm running a 3950x as well... i'm sure it will be fine with a modest undervolt/overclock at 100% power

Where are people getting nice power cables from btw?

Associate
He simply said 'Coolermaster 650w'. We don't know which unit or how many PCI-E cables.

'Can a Corsair 750w run a 3070 Ti?' - Oh yea, absolutely sure it can.

*Corsair CV750w explodes. It still only has a single daisy chain split into two at the end PCI-E cable, and is only meant to be for office / pentium builds despite being 750w.

Its extremely bad advice right now to just think any brand of sufficient wattage will automatically be OK. Like I said people are having total system failures on 850+ PSUs with a 3080.

Ok so the PSU is a MWE GOLD 650 V2 full modular, apart from that I don't have a clue lol. It's got a cable with 2 connectors labelled PCI-E at the end in the box though.

Associate
Mine was scheduled for tomorrow but just got a txt saying it will be here this afternoon !

anyone got any procedure tips for changing gpu’s my thinking is .........

create restore point
Uninstall precision x as it’s for my evga card
Run ddu and remove gpu drivers
Shut down pc
Remove old gpu
Install new gpu
Start of in safe mode
Install new gpu drivers

What is the card you're switching from?

Associate
Ok so the PSU is a MWE GOLD 650 V2 full modular, apart from that I don't have a clue lol. It's got a cable with 2 connectors labelled PCI-E at the end in the box though.

No, not 'a cable with two connectors at the end'.

TWO cables with ONE connector at each end (PCI-E).

If it doesn't have that DO NOT plug a singular cable with two connectors at the end into an RTX 3000 seties card. You need a new PSU if you dont have two separate individual cables for PCI-E.

Check if there already one such cable installed, and a second in the box?

Associate
No, not 'a cable with two connectors at the end'.

TWO cables with ONE connector at each end (PCI-E).

If it doesn't have that DO NOT plug a singular cable with two connectors at the end into an RTX 3000 seties card. You need a new PSU if you dont have two separate individual cables for PCI-E.

Check if there already one such cable installed, and a second in the box?

Ok, any recommendations? Thanks

Associate
Ok, any recommendations? Thanks

I really don't know, PSUs are difficult, every brand puts out good ones and bad ones.

I only go for the best one with longest term warranty for my main build, I never skimp on PSU.

So my recommendation would be an EVGA Titanium series with 10 years warranty or equivalent from Corsair or Seasonic.

Other people are going to come in and whine that I'm overspecifying the PSU always. If you're paying for a high end GPU you also pay for a high end PSU imho.

Seasonic is generally regarded the best, but that doesn't mean their low end units, it means the equivalent top models.

High end unit with 750w should be plenty for 3070 Ti plus overclocking everything, but might not leave much headroom for anything higher later on.

My OCed 10900K and 1080 Ti build pulls 649w at maximum stress test load confirmed by a wattage meter. If 3070 Ti uses more power than a 1080 Ti then I wouldn't say 650w is enough of you also want to overclock.

Last edited:
Associate
Looking at the specs of your PSU you should have enough cables. Make sure you connect TWO SEPARATE PCIe leads from the PSU into the Nvidia 12 Pin to 8 pin adapter.

Associate
Looking at the specs of your PSU you should have enough cables. Make sure you connect TWO SEPARATE PCIe leads from the PSU into the Nvidia 12 Pin to 8 pin adapter.

Looks like it is fine:

https://www.coolermaster.com/catalo...ies/mwe-gold-650-v2-full-modular/#image-Item5

It has FOUR CPU / PCI-E outputs, that's more than enough for two separate cables.

It specifies that it comes with 4 x PCI-E, so I'm assuming 2 cables with 2 outputs on the end.

You just need to have one output per cable plugged into the 12 pin converter.

Associate
Back
Top Bottom