• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Dup

Dup

Soldato
I can't see what's wrong with my details.
I have just removed the 'Mr' from the name on the account, as there is no Mr on the card. Perhaps it is that. This is my second success at getting a 3080 in the basket and then being declined at the checkout.

Exactly the same for me, I cannot see any difference given billing details != the name on the card so should be my full name. My bank lists me with my middle name in the app but they do not have a middle name provision for the retailer. Live chat was no assistance, can't tell me where I've gone wrong and after a 4th try it left my basket completely. Very frustrating. They could at least highlight to you the difference. I suspect their method for checking is not very robust.

Associate
Wow that timing.. Just bought a Ryzen 5800x CPU/Motherboard bundle with an RTX 3080 for £1650. Then I see a 3090 and i've bought that too! Need to decide which one to cancel!

I already have a 9900k system which will be pretty good so I don't think I need the new CPU, might just cancel the bundle and keep the 3090

Permabanned
Wow that timing.. Just bought a Ryzen 5800x CPU/Motherboard bundle with an RTX 3080 for £1650. Then I see a 3090 and i've bought that too! Need to decide which one to cancel!

I already have a 9900k system which will be pretty good so I don't think I need the new CPU, might just cancel the bundle and keep the 3090

:p love this post, he has options of a 3080 and 3090 proof that the GPU market is on the mend and scalpers will loose out big.

Associate

That bundle sounds overpriced to me.

Associate
That sounds very unfair!
Did you put in credit card or debit card details?
Credit Card this time, attempt at previous drop a couple of weeks ago was Debit Card
Exactly the same for me, I cannot see any difference given billing details != the name on the card so should be my full name. My bank lists me with my middle name in the app but they do not have a middle name provision for the retailer. Live chat was no assistance, can't tell me where I've gone wrong and after a 4th try it left my basket completely. Very frustrating. They could at least highlight to you the difference. I suspect their method for checking is not very robust.
I called, very polite, but no information on why declined.
Both times I made purchase using my phone (using home's wifi), website opens from link, add to basket, sign in to account, go through checkout, declined. Last attempt 2 weeks ago, I checked out as a guest with same result. I was in front of my PC this time, but the notification came through on my phone and was delayed on the desktop.

Associate
Is the 3090 significantly quieter than the 3080ti? I remember reading they were the roughly same but the 3080ti runs hotter.

Very difficult to justify the extra £350 for a gamer over the 3080ti, the extra vram is just pure overkill. But stock, actual stock..

Permabanned
Keep saying it Sarge. Since you went on your anti-scalper rampage on these forums the prices have been going the right way :cry:

;) This marks a significant day for affordable GPUs. When a 3090 FE lasts more than an hour on the site Wow!

Ah… no mentioning of the other components, fair price.

You might want to keep the bundle, as £880 for an AIB 3080 is a good deal, that's if you need the extra upgrades.

Alternatively, the 3090 is indeed a great card but you don't get the upgraded cpu,cooler etc at that price point.

Permabanned
I can imagine the 3090 will remain in stock for a while. Sold auctions at £1500 don't make it worth it for anyone reselling.

I see it as a good sign heading slowly to the destination of reasonable GPU pricing.

All sold now, but lasted a good 1hour , rather than 5 minutes

Associate
I got 3070 for 480£ today.

Sad coz I dont really want FE but beggars can't be choosers. Not sure if I spelled that correctly.

3080 lasted like 10 sec after alert .
3070 lasted a lot longer.

Soldato
I got 3070 for 480£ today.

Sad coz I dont really want FE but beggars can't be choosers. Not sure if I spelled that correctly.

3080 lasted like 10 sec after alert .
3070 lasted a lot longer.

Whats wrong with the 3070FE when you got if for 480£ ? how much more the AIB costs that is amazing price the performance of the AIB isnt even that much extra and considering how much more they cost unless you meant you really wanted the 3080 FE ?

Back
Top Bottom