• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Soldato
Psycho Sonny had posted a thread that LHR is now 100% unlocked....
It is but you need to mine 2 different algorithms and it's still not as profitable as mining just ETH, also a lot of miners would have farms built with non LHR cards so it may not be easy to just add LHR into the setup given that it needs 2 different algorithms so would potentially reduce the profits on other non LHR cards in the rig.

Associate
Does anyone know if you can buy those NL/GE drops from any EU country? I know someone in Finland who could purchase one for me but no drops in the Nordic countries.

Soldato
Does anyone know if you can buy those NL/GE drops from any EU country? I know someone in Finland who could purchase one for me but no drops in the Nordic countries.
Coming over here, taking our graphics cards.... :p

It seems no
We have suspended delivery to all European countries due to Brexit, we are working with our delivery partners to restore service in the coming weeks.

Associate
Coming over here, taking our graphics cards.... :p

It seems no

What's Brexit got to do with someone from Finland buying a card from Germany? Of course they can use that as an excuse as technically it's against the internal market rules but just imagine the botfest you'd run into if everyone in EU could jump on those FR/GE/NL drops, that's like 450 million people.

Associate
Missed the drop again as I am sat in the vets with our cat. I will settle for her being OK with just a bug or something minor though :(.

Hope it went well with the cat. I was in the vets on Monday with our former local stray. He's ok but I could have got a 3080ti with what he's cost me over the last couple of years. Can't get belly rubs and chin tickles off a GPU though. Then again, it's hard to shove a cat in a Pcie slot and the FPS is terrible.

Soldato
It states this on nvidia site :-

If your purchase was a qualified GeForce RTX 3060, 3060 Ti, 3070, 3070 Ti, 3080, 3080 Ti, or 3090 desktop or laptop made from October 5, 2021 to November 16, 2021 you are qualified for the Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy Bundle. Codes from other bundle offers are not valid.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/geforce/campaigns/marvels-guardians-galaxy-bundle/

https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/geforce/campaigns/marvels-guardians-galaxy-bundle/terms-conditions/

https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/geforce/geforce-experience/redeem-instructions/faq/

I don't think they were qualifying, my 3080TI arrived this afternoon and there's no code or anything in there with it.

In other news though, holy hell it's a heavy lump of engineering.

Soldato
I don't think they were qualifying, my 3080TI arrived this afternoon and there's no code or anything in there with it.

In other news though, holy hell it's a heavy lump of engineering.

I read it wrong, it's basically with a desktop build or a laptop with their cards in to get the codes, cheeky really, the game codes should come with just the gpu too as they have done before.:rolleyes:

Eligible Products: Valid on select GeForce RTX 3090, 3080 Ti, 3080, 3070 Ti, 3070, 3060 Ti, 3060 desktop or laptop system.

I read it to mean desktop class gpus... they want you to buy a full system with their card in ...

Yes the FE cards are like lead blocks all of them for their size :cry:, same with some AIBS too these Ampere cards need the real coolers not the toys of the past.

Soldato
Managed to get my hands on a 3060Ti FE a few weeks ago however need some advise.

I had a weird fitting issue with the supplied 12-pin adapter? My PSU PCI-E cable has 2 connections. The NVIDIA adapter would only fit on 1 of the 2 PSU pigtail connections? If I tried the other connection, it wouldn't fit?

The GPU is working without issue but found it strange that it refused to connect on the other connector... Weird?

Caporegime
Good overlook from techpowerup:

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/geforce-rtx-3080-vs-radeon-rx-6800-xt-megabench/

Shame no ray tracing graphs as would have been interesting to see if amd have improved their performance here over time (considering they have closed the gap with rasterization) but alas, not much point as the difference is too substantial:

While all our benchmarks are tested with ray tracing disabled and only few games today support the technology, ray tracing is here to stay. Comparing the Radeon RX 6800 XT with the RTX 3080 makes that NVIDIA has the upper hand in ray tracing performance crystal clear. The differences are significant, and if you believe ray tracing is the future, you should definitely consider the RTX 3080. On the other hand, some recent video game releases only have minimal ray tracing support that's just good enough to tick the "i haz ray tracing" checkbox without achieving the stunning fidelity improvements we were promised. In those titles, the RT performance hit is minimal, and both cards are surprisingly similar in FPS.

When the GeForce RTX 3080 released with 10 GB VRAM I was convinced it would be sufficient for the lifetime of the card. Recently, we have for the first time seen titles reach that amount at the highest settings in 4K, but only with ray tracing enabled. Examples of that are DOOM Eternal and Far Cry 6. While this shouldn't be a deal breaker, it's still something worth mentioning. AMD's RX 6800 XT does have 16 GB VRAM, which provides a small advantage here. With DirectStorage around the corner, memory requirements of games might actually go down because assets can be streamed in from the disk in a much more efficient manner.

Back
Top Bottom