• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Associate
Are there any decent blocks for the FE 3080 that someone here has used?
I think the EK FE block is a really well finished piece of kit, the way it totally encloses the PCB is a step up from the way they are just sandwiched together where you can see the edges of the PCB.
The only issue I have is that the acetal had lost some clarity even you compare it to my CPU cooler but apart from that it is great. I had a 3080FE in it and it had great temps considering my case doesn't have great airflow, I've just put a 3080ti in it tonight so I'll see how it copes with that as they are a little toasty compared to the 3080.

Associate
Sorry what is the name of the group? I am on FE PartAlert https://t.me/joinchat/AAAAAEii3xT81U1A6tLjrQ and I have seen no alerts since I joined a few days ago.
Exactly, you joined a few days ago. If you would have joined this time last year you would have had some kind of FE card
In which case, personally it makes no difference to me.
It makes no difference to you personally that a product you have paid a large some of money for does not work correctly due to a thermal issue caused by poor quality control/poor design/poor manufacturing?
Each to there own but I would be.

Soldato
It makes no difference to you personally that a product you have paid a large some of money for does not work correctly due to a thermal issue caused by poor quality control/poor design/poor manufacturing?
Each to there own but I would be.
The cards are fine for the most part and your only likely to have issues if your either mining which the cards are not designed for or have poor case airflow.

Soldato
OP

Honestly, why do people do this? That's clearly not what I said

I wouldn't consider thermal pads or RMA unless I was experiencing actual performance issues.

You would not really notice performance issues with the memory throttling anyway. You would only know using software

In which case, personally it makes no difference to me.

Associate
Thanks for that, my room is also warm with little air flow so I'll see what I'm getting tomorrow in BF 2042, got it all fitted again and just testing my loop now.

I ran about 40 loops of timespy extreme this time and indeed the water settles about 42C but actually the temps of the card itself don't change a great deal so that must just be where my Ti settles with this block ~56C core and then an additional ~10C for mem and hotspot, it is what it is, pretty happy with that myself considering the cards is chugging down ~400w.

Time to play with the voltage curve and get the power down.

Associate
3080 purchased :)

Email confirmation received too - hope others have been equally successful, especially those that have missed out on previous drops because of being at work

Last edited:
Associate
I had no idea what to do when it just flashed up on my phone, but followed the link to the 'ahem' website and was able to purchase a 3070ti founders edition which is good enough for me. Payment taken on my card with no issue.

Associate
3080 purchased :)

Email confirmation received too - hope others have been equally successful, especially those that have missed out on previous drops because of being at work

I might have got a 3080, got an order confirmation from them but as yet no email confirmation.

Edit: I am one of those people who was always at work, evening drops are far better.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom