• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Soldato
You better of undervolting depending on what you want personally I do it to beat stock performance which lowers power used and lowers temp

Adding power to overclock doesn't really translate much in performance just increases temps and power

Also it's about sustained clocks , not just the odd few seconds boost

Last edited:
Associate
I find it interesting about the power limit not needing to be pushed to hit certain clocks.

My personal experience is with mine set to the max of 123% my boost clocks are maintained, if I leave it to the default then it drops all over the place.

Borderlands 3 for example will see the boost clocks drop to 1770Mhz often.

So it's not that setting the power limit higher let's me hit higher clocks necessarily but it certainly helps me to maintain them which helps my frame times and average frame rates.

Soldato
Nope, it’s not your PSU as I’m using the same model.

Personally, I wouldn’t worry about it, just leave at stock and add a mild OC on the GPU and VRAM and let it do it’s thing.

I did manage to get +190 benchmarking but as has been pointed out already, the gains are minimal and it just guzzles more power and gets warmer.

Just ignore me..I've OC'd the card this morning and it runs at 2050mhz with no issues. I think i wasn't taking the boost into account! :D

Associate
I might want to try for a 3060ti, so have a question about payment and best chance to grab.

I know to use fe partalert on telegram, but what about payment. Should I have my card details saved with the competitor, then just leave logged in on my phone, so went the alert comes I can just click through without having to fill stuff in or does it reserve it once it's in basket so you have time to enter details etc.

Thanks.

Although I had set up an account, I hadn’t actually used it and therefore hadn’t been able to save card details
All irrelevant though since I checked out as a guest, and just entered my card and all other details then
3060ti arrived yesterday despite being told it would arrive on Monday
I only signed up for alerts on 2nd Jan and just happened to be messaging someone when Telegram started squawking on Thursday - just lucky I guess
Anyway, thanks for folks posting all the useful info in this thread. Good luck to those of you that are still waiting

Soldato
What is the best payment method to buy another FE card? My Wise card didn't work at the last drop (the retailer cancelled the transaction).

Soldato
What is the best payment method to buy another FE card? My Wise card didn't work at the last drop (the retailer cancelled the transaction).

Best payment method? All different details! But if all your details changed inc address, payment etc then I would suspect it is the non traditional 'bank' that is causing the problem. Heard of people having problems using Revolut or Monzo for example.

Soldato
Best payment method? All different details! But if all your details changed inc address, payment etc then I would suspect it is the non traditional 'bank' that is causing the problem. Heard of people having problems using Revolut or Monzo for example.

Thanks, I wondered if that might be it. Doesn't the address for the card have to be changed, so that it matches the delivery address, also? Not sure if banks even allow this.

Soldato
I might want to try for a 3060ti, so have a question about payment and best chance to grab.

I know to use fe partalert on telegram, but what about payment. Should I have my card details saved with the competitor, then just leave logged in on my phone, so went the alert comes I can just click through without having to fill stuff in or does it reserve it once it's in basket so you have time to enter details etc.

Thanks.

I got a 3060 Ti on the last drop. As soon as the alert appeared I went through as a guest and even had my first card declined so had to enter details of a second card, it all went through fine.

Associate
I had my details saved so it was supposedly quicker getting through the checkout as a few people had lost out when they then had to add their details at checkout, this was twelve months ago when the 3080's were fine in minutes.
It doesn't seem as bad more but probably still worth doing.

Soldato
I had created an account and logged in with the competitor but not entered payment details. I still had time to get through checkout.

Although I had set up an account, I hadn’t actually used it and therefore hadn’t been able to save card details
All irrelevant though since I checked out as a guest, and just entered my card and all other details then
3060ti arrived yesterday despite being told it would arrive on Monday
I only signed up for alerts on 2nd Jan and just happened to be messaging someone when Telegram started squawking on Thursday - just lucky I guess
Anyway, thanks for folks posting all the useful info in this thread. Good luck to those of you that are still waiting

I got a 3060 Ti on the last drop. As soon as the alert appeared I went through as a guest and even had my first card declined so had to enter details of a second card, it all went through fine.

I had my details saved so it was supposedly quicker getting through the checkout as a few people had lost out when they then had to add their details at checkout, this was twelve months ago when the 3080's were fine in minutes.
It doesn't seem as bad more but probably still worth doing.

Thanks for the feedback on it.

Seems there's mostly time to go through it now. Not sure I can add a card and save without buying something anyway, so will just have to enter the details when the time comes.

Soldato
Why you trying to buy another? Genuine purchase for yourself or you trying to get in on the scalping?
Pretty sure he said on this thread that he wanted a 3080 but got a 3070 as they were easier to get, then found out that he couldn’t buy another FE. I did exactly the same thing.

Soldato
Pretty sure he said on this thread that he wanted a 3080 but got a 3070 as they were easier to get, then found out that he couldn’t buy another FE

This. It seemed very improbable that I would manage to get a rtx 3080 FE, as when I tried, they seemed to be gone in seconds.

No big deal if I can't upgrade I suppose. No guarantees on the next gen pricing though... Will it be possible to buy a card as powerful as the rtx 3080 for £650? I'm not so sure. I don't expect 5nm cards to be any cheaper.

Last edited:
Associate
Re buying a 2nd card, I have done this, I signed up for an Nvidia account with friends details, used friends card, friends address, email address, went to pay (using the same PC and browser I previously used months before with my own details) and the payment got rejected. I realised that the browser history /cookies would probably have something stored, quickly copied the link to into a portable firefox session and it worked. Hence the reason I suggested the clearing cookies from the browser a page or so back. I don't think they check IP's /MAC addresses etc, its not a valid way to prevent individuals buying more than one card (and didn't stop me). Worth noting is all as it seems there are more frequent drops at the moment. (For clarity, the cards were for son and daughters PCs)

Associate
To anyone who has RMA'd an FE card with Nvidia:

They make a point of mentioning not to include any accessories when you send the card back to them. Does that mean if I package my card in my original box, I'm going to get my replacement in a random, generic box?

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom