• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Soldato
Yeah odd one, I only did an express update so will do a clean reinstall of the driver at some point over the weekend, missus' birthday tho so I don't expect to get much screen time..

Soldato
3080Ti FE & 3090Ti FE are available to buy directly from Nvidia Store

He's right you know...

Now, if they could only do that for the RTX 3080 FE.

But they don't want to, they'll only do it for cards costing >£1,000.

It costs £400 more for a 10% improvement in performance vs the RTX 3080.

Soldato
Is it a good idea to sell a graphics card on rainforest?

Has anyone had any experience of selling GPUs there? If so, is the selling fee ~15% for graphics cards? Then, 20% VAT is charged to the buyer from the selling price, I assume?

I noticed that the selling prices for FE cards that sellers are offering are quite a bit higher than what CEX is offering to buy them off people.

Last edited:
Soldato

Has anyone had any experience of selling GPUs there? If so, is the selling fee ~15% for graphics cards? Then, 20% VAT is charged to the buyer from the selling price, I assume?

I noticed that the selling prices for FE cards that sellers are offering are quite a bit higher than what CEX is offering to buy them off people.
Not sure how VAT works on Amazon for private sellers.

Soldato

Yes but I imagine not higher than CEX are selling them for. CEX buy low and sell high. You only have to pay TAX if you're the original purchaser (unless you're a VAT registered business and then you can claim it back/not pay it)

Soldato
I saw the RTX 3080 button switch to 'buy' for a few seconds (clicking it links to the RTX 3060 TI), so maybe they are still selling a few in the UK.

Soldato
Yup, good news for people looking for a very good 1080p card.

Shame they haven't dropped any RTX 3080 FEs in months though.

huhh ? 1080p.. the card does very very well at 1440p and even at 4K with most games and any 4k that are more demanding knocking a few settings down and it's good to go. Very good card for the money and a good upgrade for many people. Also a very nice solid card the 3060ti FE model with a nice gunmetal silver colour to it.

3080FE are done for sure now. They have 3080ti's and 3090tis to shift yet so don't see them using up the 3080ti coolers on 3080s anymore (same coolers on both cards as you know on the FE cards). 3090fe is done too i'm guessing unless they have unsold stock in other countries that they move around to other regions to sell them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom