• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Soldato
Yeah most likely.
I don't know how long it was available for, but I did get a second 3060Ti notification from telegram over an hour after the first.

I wonder how saturated the market is and whether people are now waiting for the new gpu line-up to arrive.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Its just saturated.

People who wanted one for past 18 months now generally have one.
Scalpers cant offload them for a good margin.
Miners are not buying them and probably weren't either for a while now.
Retailers left with some stock of expensive purchases, fresh stock costing them less.
The conveyor belt from China still shipping them out.

A small number will now wait for next gen.

Soldato
I take it the one per household will be reset when the 40xx series is out ?.

We can only hope, but I don't see it happening then and will be the same limits of 1 per customer at the start and if they don't sell well they will probably drop the limit.

So far we have no idea what the 4000 series will be like or the price and how well they will sell or even have enough stock. Knowing Nvidia they will do the typical artificial limited stock and create a frenzy by not having enough stock for the first few months and feed the top end cards in larger numbers than the wanted cards and make it look like demand is crazy again.

They have always done this limited stock game to create a frenzy, but with the 3000 series it came to bite them in the rear by not making enough 3080s and 3060tis as an example and probably lost them sales to AMD or people gave up or purchased second hand, now at the end of the 3000 series people are waiting for 4000 series or waiting to snap up a second hand deal on 3000 series.

Also I have a feeling the scalpers will be back at it too and try buy up all stock everywhere and create this no stock situation anywhere again and the prices will go threw the roof again because people must have the latest shiny now and pay these scalpers and make worse this problem for themselves and everyone. There is even groups now that target in demand products and buy everything and then stick it on ebay/sale sites/forums as we saw happen, it was not just the miners causing the issues or covid, if you looked on ebay and other sale sites they were full of 3000 series cards and ps5s etc etc everything in demand at silly prices. It has become a job for these people. :mad:

Last edited:
Associate
I take it the one per household will be reset when the 40xx series is out ?.
It will definitely reset - they dont want people scalping, they want as many people to have their brand as possible. If they don't reset, then they're saying anyone who bought this 3000 gen can't buy into their new gen... that would make no sense at all :D

Associate
I think the question isn't whether you'd be banned from getting a 4000 series, more whether you could buy another 3000 series (assuming they were still being made).
Not sure if I can be bothered to upgrade as really satisfied with a 3060 ti FE at 1440p Ultra settings.

I have had nearly every card of AMD and Nvidia this generation and I can say I was most disappointed by the 3090, 6900xt and the 3080/6800XT as at 1440p there was max 15-20fps difference compared to 60ti FE.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Not sure if I can be bothered to upgrade as really satisfied with a 3060 ti FE at 1440p Ultra settings.

I have had nearly every card of AMD and Nvidia this generation and I can say I was most disappointed by the 3090, 6900xt and the 3080/6800XT as at 1440p there was max 15-20fps difference compared to 60ti FE.
Yea but how about vram bro? Bet you feel bad missing out on playing Godfall and Far Cry 6 maxed out! :p:D:cry:

Caporegime
RT has to have a very good improvement to get me upgrading, an extra 30 fps alone would do it for me since generally RT heavier titles would be running around 60-70 fps range @ 3440x1440 with dlss quality/balanced. Don't care about raster now as I am/have been playing far more RT titles than rasterization only titles and they run easily enough.

Soldato

I was a little surprised at how little difference there was between the 3080Ti I tried, the 6800XT and then the 3070 I have continued to use at 1440p. GPU load was lower with the 3080Ti, but around 100w more in power usage over the 3070. Not enough of a difference to justify the cost.
I did notice that in some titles the 6800XT had some real issues compared to previous 1080Ti.! No doubt driver problems. With more typical AAA titles the AMD card performed as expected.

Soldato
I just bought a EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 10GB for £620 from CEX, wish me luck with it :)

Haven't been able to buy a RTX 3080 FE in the last few months, so this was the next best thing for the money.

Do you reckon I got it for an OK price, or have I been a bit hasty?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom